Breather (blow-by-plug) removal method

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
X1er

Breather (blow-by-plug) removal method

Post by X1er »

So I have another oil leak.

Oil in the ‘V’ of the motor. It only leaks when motor is under load. A quick degrease and test run revealed that the oil breather or blow-by-plug is leaking where it joins the front cylinder.

A search of this forum and I can see that this problem has been covered before.

Page 42 11/06 of my Avio manual shows/describes the plug but not the removal method.

I’ve removed the airbox cover and can see the plug. It seems pretty firmly in place. There's clearly some black gasket goo around where it joins the cylinder so unless it came from factory like that its leaked before and been 'fixed' with the gasket goo method by the previous owner. This may be the cause of the plug not wanting to come free.

As any parts delivered to Australia takes about a month I’d like to try and remove it carefully and reinstall it with some black gasket goo as others have done, especially since I'm planning on doing an overnight trip this coming weekend.

From what I can see I think the plug should pull out. Is the plug supposed to pull straight or out with a bit of wiggling back and forth?
or
Should I be turning/screwing it out?

I would like to be certain about how to get it out in order to minimize the chance of damaging it.

Cheers
X1er

Re: Breather (blow-by-plug) removal method

Post by X1er »

OK, answered my question.

Warmed up motor to operating temperature then switched it off and removed the air box cover. After few goes the plug eventually pulled straight out.

It looks ok so I'll use some gasket goo and see if that does the trick.
MonstroMorini

Re: Breather (blow-by-plug) removal method

Post by MonstroMorini »

Just pull and turn....

edit: too late :oops: