colder weather starting

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
floydsveloce

colder weather starting

Post by floydsveloce »

Hello fellow morini riders !

I have a 2009 corsaro veloce :mrgreen: .......and I love it ! However at this time of the year if its below 14 degrees on the clock, it doesn't tick over on its own.Last autumn/ winter, all be it not very often, it was a case of one press on the starter button and I had to hold the throttle at around 2,000 revs , with a few blips of the throttle , until I moved off. No problems at all spring onwards.
Any one out there got any clues ??

Also, just had a service at 12,000 miles , and I can recommend 'moto Euro' near Chichester.He knows his stuff and his rates are reasonable and he does a good job. His names Nick and he's on 07980 639289.
Also a big thanks to Stuart at NLM for the quality oil cooler guards and advice in the past couple of weeks.
MickeyMoto

Re: colder weather starting

Post by MickeyMoto »

I know this is no help, but the bike should 'know' to tick over. Has the map been altered? My standard Corsaro will tick over at the same revs but just adds more fuel when it is cold. Maybe there is a sensor that is not right?

Mike.
nicko

Re: colder weather starting

Post by nicko »

Hi Floyd

I have just searched on this forum for Stepper Motor. Give em a read and see if your symptoms are similar. May give you some ideas.

Cheers
Nick