ABS

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
MickeyMoto

ABS

Post by MickeyMoto »

No, not your gym workout...

I believe it is compulsory to fit ABS to all bikes over 125cc registered after 1st January 2016 (3 weeks hence).

If this is so, will Morini be fitting ABS to it's bikes? If not, then I think it will be impossible to register one as it wont meet construction and use regulations.... or is there a way around this?

Mike.
nicko

Re: ABS

Post by nicko »

As I understand it, the resolution still needs to be passed by the EU and the UK can still vote against, however being Italian this won't have any effect. If the bikes have a Certificate of Conformity then you will still be able to register one. I don't know if the meaning of 'New' bikes is a new model or an existing model constructed in 2016.
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Good point. I was reading an article about Norton and they do not have ABS so perhaps it is of no concern.
floydsveloce

Post by floydsveloce »

As far as i'm concerned, the EU can shove their stupid laws where the sun don't shine !!
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Indeed, but don't want to end up with an expensive ornament in the garage....
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

I think (but stand to be corrected) that ABS will be compulsory on all new models (i.e. - those introduced after the due date, but not those already in production). So established versions will still be legal, at least for a period - possibly years. Hence the rush of Norton to get a model type approved before the regulation is introduced.

Traction control is probably as useful as ABS, and during the winter both are probably a very good idea, whatever 'skilled riders / drivers think! Either that, or enjoy the mild weather while it lasts :)

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

More digging required... :)

Mild weather? Rained all day yesterday, snowed and sleeted... and this morning -something or other...

Must live in a different country... :)
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Mike;
Must live in a different Country....
You certainly do, but the postman knows where you are and as compensation a 2016 Calendar is winging its' way to you even as we exchange banter on the Forum... Most other people (except Pete M, David M, Anthony B, John B and Colin S) will have to shell out their hard earned cash.

Hope that Spring isn't going to be too long for you - I washed the 'bike to-day; I am never going to buy another one with spokes :roll:

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

In answer to my question, new models must be Euro4 compliant on 1st Jan 2016. Old models must be compliant by 2017. Hope Morini can make the engine compliant for 2017.
MonstroMorini

Post by MonstroMorini »

ABS is NOT a prerequisite, an integrated brake system is also valid.
I don't need either ;) but respect other opnions. Cheap systems (aka MT09) are definitely not contributing to safety........