Battery

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
nicko

Battery

Post by nicko »

I have been having a few issues with starting recently which, once I charge my battery seem to go away. As such I believe that the battery may be on its way out. Does anyone have any recommendations regarding batteries? Make, type etc.
floydsveloce

Re: Battery

Post by floydsveloce »

Hello Nick, How yer doin' ? Not that I have one, but I do have a couple of friends who have these 'motobatt' batteries.one of them has one on his sv1000, which is his daily commute from lee -on- solent to Portsmouth. 'wemoto' down at Shoreham will be able to help you, I'm sure.
Apart from that, have a nice xmas and I'll see you early spring for a ride and a coffee !! :D
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Let me know next time you're planning a Corsaro get together (in the Spring?) and I'll think about gate-crashing - if that's allowed!

Have a good Christmas anyway - and look out the new Morini Calendar - which features a lovely pair of new Sports as February's pin-up (he said with his Product hat on :wink: )

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
nicko

Post by nicko »

If it's allowed???

When a motorcyclist / group of motorcyclists meets another motorcyclist / group of motorcyclists then I don't think the term is gate-crashing. I believe that it's called being a motorcyclist.

You'll be more than welcome Chris.
floydsveloce

Post by floydsveloce »

More the merrier Mr Corsaro Chris ! See you in the spring which I hope will come early.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

So mild I took the Corsaro across to Oxford yesterday (29th).

12 degrees and no rain, unlike those unlucky to live further north (and I see that York and Tadcaster are having it bad now...)

Good riding for 2016,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
exoticices

Post by exoticices »

Hi Nick, I swear by Hawker Odyssey batteries for big twins which use a lot of cranking power. I've heard good reports about Motobatt too. Really, you need the most CCA (cold cranking amps) you can get, then keep it on a charger if you have a bike with electronics that gradually drain the battery.
The official website isn't the most user friendly and probably doesn't list Morini (!) but have a look at the PC series. You'll have to work out the dimensions of the battery area on the Corsaro.
http://www.odysseybattery.com/extreme_b ... specs.aspx

I have a Yuasa YTX12BS on my big twin (Italian but sadly not a Corsaro) and it has similar specs and does the job but doesn't seem to feel it has the starting 'grunt' of the Odyssey I have (PC535), but I can't find an Odyssey to fit the battery space.

Sadly, Odyssey batteries aren't cheap. Motobatt are possibly better value.

Have a good new year. John.
John
https://www.facebook.com/xiaomei.griffiths
In a fifty mile race I am the best, I ride five miles and skid the rest.
MonstroMorini

Post by MonstroMorini »

I have the motobatt. However, sometimes my momo wouldn't start. Have checked the complete wiring/switches/charger/regulator - twice :oops: But still, preferable around a terrace/ride with mates/when you're complete alone in the middle of nowhere - it wouldn't start. After ca. 30 minutes - it would - why: no clue.....
Then I was out with mates in the Eifel/Ardennes and after a quick stop, the same thing happened. Luckily a friend had a spare battery/starter cables as his dynamo broke while on the trip. Connected the wires - started immediately!
Ordered a Yuasa - no problems since. Have claimed the motobatt (2yr warranty) but motobatt said it was OK - so no replacement :evil:
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

corsaro chris wrote:So mild I took the Corsaro across to Oxford yesterday (29th).

12 degrees and no rain, unlike those unlucky to live further north (and I see that York and Tadcaster are having it bad now...)

Good riding for 2016,

CC
Took the Excretia out on Monday, lots of closed and flooded roads, with an occasional 253.5 single. The biggest bugger was the caff being shut. So thrashed the bike back on my private test track at 140kmh with 2k spare and a willing engine. Love the 501 engine.

I also like Yuasa batteries on bikes. Reasonably priced and work well. Cured my 500 starting problems...

Mike.
Duk3

Post by Duk3 »

Hey!

I have used shorai life battery one season, and i have nothing complain.
Orginal morini battery bike was not start always first try, if temperature was below 7 celsius.
Last season three minus celsius morini start like under palm tree.
Attachments
_20160206_190931.JPG
_20160206_190931.JPG (65.71 KiB) Viewed 29634 times
nicko

Post by nicko »

I must admit that in the end I plumped for Yuasa. Fitted this morning and the Corsaro fired straight up.

Many thanks for all your suggestions, but after a bit of research Motobatt seemed to be a bit hit and miss and trying to find Odyssey was awkward.