checking on oil filter

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
Thatch

checking on oil filter

Post by Thatch »

Hello all.

I posted many years ago as an American, living in Germany with a perchant for little known Italian bikes, but grew silent for a number of reasons, mostly having to do with the fact that I didn't get much riding time. Well, I'm still an American but no longer in Germany, most importantly though I still have my 1200 Scrambler. I just got the bike 'tagged, titled and taxed' last week so the bike is fully legal and on the roads now. To my knowledge, this is the only modern Morini in the states. It is extremely difficult to pull off getting an imported bike/car imported and tagged here is the states, so I'm rather lucky there. So, here is something you won't see often (or ever) again....

A Morini under the Spanish moss of coastal Georgia.... but I digress.

My real reason of popping up here is that I need to find a source for oil filters for the bike now that I am further away from the bike's homeland. I did some searching and did some cross referencing and found the K&N 152 listed as a option for the MM 1200. You can find the listing page here... http://www.carpimoto.com/EN/Bike_Morini ... KN-152.htm and the K&N filter page with all the measurements here.. http://www.knfilters.com/search/product ... rod=kn-152 . Does this look like the right filter to those a bit more knowledgeable on the topic than myself? I'd appreciate any thoughts you could provide. Obviously my local bike shops are at a loss for helping me at all on this topic. I'm a bit on my own for these sorts of things.

Thanks for your input.
MickeyMoto

Re: checking on oil filter

Post by MickeyMoto »

Hi,

Look up UFI 25 608 00. I do remember seeing some measurements somewhere. May have been on Opie oils here in GB.

Opie oils have a catalogue, too.

NLM have them as do other ebsy vendors, but postage may be a bit steep.

Try the factory. The Morini part comes with the two o rings.

Mike.
RHThomas

Post by RHThomas »

Hi Thatch,
I just measured the correct UFI filter:

Diameter: 50mm
Height: 58.5mm
Inner Dia: 17mm

So I would say the K&N would not fit. Probably best to buy a batch from Europe, I get mine from NLM.

Cheers,
Robin
Thatch

Post by Thatch »

Thanks for the assist. I wish the answer would of been different, but better this than wasting money and time on the wrong thing. Cheers.
Last edited by Thatch on 07 Feb 2016 21:54, edited 1 time in total.
floydsveloce

Post by floydsveloce »

Alrite thatchy :D
Personally I'd play it safe and contact north Leicester motorcycle's ,and maybe order a few other consumables to make it worth the cost of postage.
Also check the morini website as there may be some official dealer's \ workshops in the states. Enjoy Superbowl !!
Thatch

Post by Thatch »

I was thinking the same thing. It would be a shame to spring for international shipping for a few filters. Morini needs to start making more parts available via their site as well (not that you can afford the prices they are asking on there... how much again for that single side pannier bracket???) Ah well.

No dealers or workshops in the states. They've not imported Morinis here since the late 70's. In fact I have yet to go anywhere with the Scrambler where anyone knew what it was... including both the Triumph and Aprilia dealers. Having a rare bike is great though.... until you need parts.

Thanks again
hendre

Post by hendre »

HiFi filter SO 6953
any Hifi distributor should be able to order it
https://hifi-filter.com/
the claim to be active in 100 countries...
MonstroMorini

Post by MonstroMorini »

You could also order from Wolfgang Tritsch or here (with partslist and prices) http://shop-hsi-custombikes.de/index.ph ... 08fb6ead57, both in Germany. The original is the UFI.
There was also an american company that had developed a 'permanent', washable/reuasable stainless steel filter for the morini.
This is the link viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1640