things for a new owners to plan on fixing / replacing

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
Nath in Oz

things for a new owners to plan on fixing / replacing

Post by Nath in Oz »

for a 09/09 Veloce. Apart from the normal consumables available from the local Italian bike shop.
Oil filters, I was just going to source a replacement from Ryco Australia like I do for my Benelli filters.
Maniac motors in Germany for other bits and pieces.

So do I have to plan on the earth wire mod (can some explain this) and coolant hose replacement for a 08+ model?
Silicone grease the relays in the instrument binnacle area.
fit a good strong battery.

Is the battery cables okay or should I fit thicker less resistance cables? (a common mod on earlier benellis)

What the lastest maps I should run, both with the stock ecu and the race one ( I don't expect the one I'm looking at has a power commander, I expect its not warranted if I use Tune-ecu to do any dyno tuning).

Any other things I should look for?

I seem to remember the later models has the Ohlins rear shock, is this correct?

Any helpful tips much appreciated.
floydsveloce

Re: things for a new owners to plan on fixing / replacing

Post by floydsveloce »

Hi Nath
we have a place called north Leicester motorcycles who we can order from for everything, including a oil cooler guard ! their service is good.check out their website.
On my veloce (2009) , I had the wiring under the seat burning up, a couple of earth wires had come adrift in the loom, and the oil cooler lines sprung a leak. I had new ones made up by a nationwide company here called 'pirtek' .Thankfully nothing major has happened !
hope that helps

floyd