factory luggage

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
Nath in Oz

factory luggage

Post by Nath in Oz »

Is it still possible to buy the factory tank bra and bag and the panniers that you could get for the Corsaro??
MickeyMoto

Re: factory luggage

Post by MickeyMoto »

Hi

Look at the factory website under Machine Components.

Mike.
MonstroMorini

Post by MonstroMorini »

I like the Bags-Connection/QuickLock combination better, more practical.....

corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

I don't think that they ever did panniers for the Corsaro...

The tank bag was a pretty poor item, and the straps were particularly fragile. They still offer the tank cover in black, but the after market option illustrated above is obviously a good alternative, and Ventura offer a back rack / rest which offers versatility. In the past I've strapped a Kriega 20 litre bag to the rear seat or the tank, and that's worked well.

Good hunting!

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
X1er

Post by X1er »

I ended up getting a Hattech plate that takes the place of the rear seat. I never have a pillion so using the pillion seat for luggage worked for me.

The Hattech plate attaches in the same way the pillion seat does so I only take off the pillion seat and put it on when I need to carry some luggage.

I ended up getting a cheap, second hand unused 48 odd litre(?) SHAD topbox and bolted the topbox mounting plate to the rack.

Between the high cost of the Hattech plate and the bargain topbox find it turned out to be a reasonable touring solution.

I'd never used a top box before. It’s ugly but very practical, can be locked closed, locked to the mounting plate on the bike and taken off when you arrive at your destination.

If I see a good used 29 litre Shad top box I’ll probably buy it too as it would be a better size for everyday use.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Sounds good. By coincidence a tank bag has surfaced on e-Bay, but your solution is likely to be far better.

Love the photos by MonstroMorini, by the way, I'll be sending those to the Calendar man (ATG editor); they might even make it into the 2017 print run; which would mean that you'd get a free one! Always assuming that you don't mind the Club 'borrowing' the images...

Good riding, once your summer arrives!

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
MonstroMorini

Post by MonstroMorini »

No problem - i am ugly but i think my bike is nice ;)

If you like you can pick some from my albums, f.i. https://www.flickr.com/photos/monstromo ... 9091231555