Running Temperature

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
X1er

Re: Running Temperature

Post by X1er »

Whilst my bike is an Avio I updated my ECU map from a 2007 map to a Avio 2009 map using the GUZZDIAG software. It’s an awesome map and compared to the earlier version.

With the 2009 map the fans now come on 5 degrees higher than before, so they come on at 95 and turn off at 90 (2007 map was 90/85).

City riding temps and can get up to high 90s and it‘s easy to see that both fans are working as they should.

Open road cruising is the same as before around high 70s and having a bit of fun increase the temp to mid 80s.

As Guzzis are not water cooled the GUZZDIAG software does not have the ability to adjust the fans.

My radiator guard is home made as I couldn‘t find anyone who made a guard for it. I went to a sheet metal shop to get some quality expanded metal mesh and then got some pinchweld edging from a rubber store. I ended up going for edging that had a rubber buffer built into it as this provided more than enough gap to ensure the mesh does not come into contact with the radiator. I put a nice curve into it mesh so it didn’t contact the radiator, made sure it was wide enough to just tuck into each to the radiator tanks and used some large zip ties to mount it to top brackets. Cost was AUD$20 which is about 10 pounds. Still going strong years later and doing a good job of protecting the radiator from stones and bugs. Expanded metal mesh was the preferred option as it doesn’t impact too much on the airflow reaching the radiator.
floydsveloce

Re: Running Temperature

Post by floydsveloce »

Evening all :wink:
Update on radiator guard. No joy at the engineering works. However i have found a promising contact who will be having a look and giving a quote in 2 weeks time,after his daughter's wedding.
Will update you all when I get further info.

Floydy