Deserted !!

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
Steve-55

Deserted !!

Post by Steve-55 »

Sorry guys
Due to a fiscal nature ie had a reasonable offer on my bike from a dealer!! it is with deep sadness that I sold my Corsaro.
My heart said to keep it, but head said to let go? and with the problems Morini is having with upgrades, spares, dealers, etc I could not see the situation improving, so I took the Kings shilling and sold.
The new object of my affections is a KTM 990 supermoto :)
Regards
Steve
Last edited by Steve-55 on 29 Mar 2008 08:41, edited 1 time in total.
V-Fun

Post by V-Fun »

Steve,
Sorry to hear that you have sold the 'Corsaro'.

It is early days with mine and can't say I'm suffering with poor back-up:
Just lost one of the 'rubber grommets' from behind the rider's seat and had new ones through the door in 24 hours...

The KTM 990 Super Moto is a great machine and I really enjoyed a long ride on the 950 version.

My criticism of the Corsaro is the lack of ANY wind protection - As you know: The Corsaro accelerates so hard that, even a big guy like me struggles to hold-on...

I think the company need to design something retro-fittable, as an add-on to the existing headlamp mask(?).

Even 'Nakeds' like the current Tuono and S4R have more blast protection.

A BUELL I owned (Ulysses) had a two-tier screen, which worked well -
Guess it's no longer your concern eh!

All the best and safe riding!

Regards
Stephen R
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

Steve,

Sad to hear you've had to let the corsaro go, but enjoy the KTM...

By corsaro manual I assume you mean workshop manual? I would be interested. please email me on spaghetti_bikes(at)hotmail.com

Cheers,
Tom
mms

Post by mms »

Steve,

Sorry to see you go - and health to enjoy your KTM, it's a great bike.

Thanks for your help with my Corsaro, but as it is still sitting here off the road at present (for the last 12 weeks!) without any sign of anyone even starting to do something about it, I can understand your concern about long-term ownership.

3 year warranties are only any good if you can get someone to supply parts and fix the bike.

Happy biking,

Michael
Steve-55

Post by Steve-55 »

Thanks Guys for your messages :)
I will try to look in on the site from time to time,
At this point 3X are still awaiting the updated parts or are in the process of evaluation on one of their own bikes, and say all will be notified in due course.
But as MMS (Michael) said a three year waranty is only useful if things can be done quickly and efficiently. I had NO problem with the dealers, very courteous and willing to help, but are stymied somewhat by the lack of support from the factory.It is always less than useful that they are trying to rush out new models when there are so many concerns with the present models!! lack of dealers and expertise is another point of issue!
The factory have long since stopped answering my calls and letters, and the offer of a tour of the factory is a futile appeasement.
Yes, why is it no one has designed a bikini faing for our naked bikes that looks good and works? one can only take the strain of the wind blast at speed for so long.
Anyway gripe over, I wish you all many happy hours biking in our glorious weather :lol:
Regards to you all
Steve