Poorly Veloce

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
backfat1187

Re: Poorly Veloce

Post by backfat1187 »

The valve stems were all well within spec. and in excellent condition. I can ask the head man if he still has measurements written down, but we reinstalled the valves in his workshop when I went to pick up the heads. I can't get them out again to measure as I don't have a spring compressor. It was very fiddly getting the collets back in too.
The stem deviation was tiny so didn't touch the guides. The valves just slid in gently under their own weight.
Good for me but not so good for shared information, sorry about that.
backfat1187

Post by backfat1187 »

Made some progress today.
Heads back on. Clearances done. Motor timed up. Generator side all refitted and closed up. Rear header, swingarm and shock back in. New cush drive rubbers in, new sprockets on, rear wheel back in.
Just need to check the clutch as it's doesn't seem to slip under engine braking. May need to change some steels.
Gary D

Post by Gary D »

Good stuff Jim. It's certainly been an episode, and I think we're all much the wiser for your hard work & investigations. I hope the slip issue is soon sorted & you get to enjoy the bike with Spring just around the corner.

Cheers

Gary
backfat1187

Post by backfat1187 »

Well, the Veloce is all back together so after doing a TPS reset I had that slightly nervous feeling of going for an engine start. Fired up 4th prod and settled into a nice even tickover. Oil and coolant all stayed on the inside. Fans kicked in at 98, dropped off at 93. Balanced the throttles. Lovely crisp throttle response. A nice start to April.
I needed to replace 2 clutch steels (2.0mm down to 1.5mm) to get it within spec.
Unfortunately though, it started to rain, denying me of my much anticipated test ride. Grrr.
So with a bit of good fortune, I should soon be out and about.
Cheers all, hope to meet up with you soon.
Jim.
hendre

Post by hendre »

Ebi wrote:Hi,
one of my cams looks similar - not nice, but still ok in my opinion.

New cam chain kits are available, got two kits for 435 €.
I got quoted €500 a kit today by a MM dealer :shock: just the parts....
when I look at internet prices a chain only goes for €55/pc locally
I suppose (after reading this and the German forum carfully) a Borg Warner 92RH2015 120 will fit my 2600 9 1/2?
Jambo

Post by Jambo »

Reading this post makes me a little nervous. Only had my Veloce a couple of weeks but I have an engine noise/rattle (which i'm pretty sure is the cam chain) that has gotten noticeably louder.

I'll put some more miles on it and if it gets any worse I'll have no option but to investigate. Bike only has 6.5k miles which isn't exactly reassuring.
torque

Post by torque »

The water pump makes a hell of a racket specially when hot put your hand over it and it nearly disappears they are not a quite engine at the best of times Get the tps reset and balance the throttle bodys for starters