Corsaro 1200 - Radiator Protection

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
V-Fun

Corsaro 1200 - Radiator Protection

Post by V-Fun »

Guys,
I am about to take delivery of a radiator protector, to fit the Corsaro and will post some photos. once it is fitted.

Mentioned to the dealer that I was concerned at how vulnerable it looks
(to be fair it is just as exposed on many other naked bikes) and it transpired that there is a company in Dorset that has measured-up the Corsaro and manufactured at least one(!) cover.

Suspect that the 91/2 radiator might be similar??

Am told the cost is about £75.

I guess that most are aware the 'North Leicester Motorcycles' do a bolt-on cover for the oil cooler for £45+vat. (you are now!).

Hope this is of interest.

Regards
Stephen R
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

In answer to your question about radiator vulnerability- Dad's Veloce has been down the road reasonably quickly and the radiator wasn't too bad.

The mounting lugs are quite fragile and these seem to bend or break off (which might well limit the damage to the radiator itself) The radiator was distorted but didn't spill coolant. As a precaution he sent it off to be straightened, rewelded around the lugs and leak tested/repaired if needed. Can't remember the company name but could find out if needed. Cost was lass that £100.
V-Fun

Post by V-Fun »

Tom,
Useful information and no doubt we all hope we don't need to put that to the test!

Hope too that your Dad is OK.

The guard I am referring-to offers stone protection for the radiator matrix:

Having had two bikes, in two years suffer from cracked/broken headlight
lenses -maybe I'm getting paranoid about stones?

The cost of a new radiator core or even the inconvenience of waiting for one can't be underestimated - Last summer I had great difficulty finding a 'Griso' headlamp!!

Pleased we can exchange useful info.

Regards
Stephen R
Curtis

Post by Curtis »

Have you thought about making your own?

Although I haven't done it myself yet on the Corsaro, on my old Tuono I got a sheet of alumininium mesh from B&Q (they do lots of styles in mainly gold or silver colour), cut to size and fitted in front of the matrix.

On the Tuono I managed to hook the mesh into a lip that ran around the matrix and the result was pretty neat.
Other owners have used tie-wraps or similar. I haven't had a good look at the Corsaro arrangement but can't see why something similar wouldn't work.
carpe diem

Post by carpe diem »

[quote="Curtis"]Have you thought about making your own?

Hi all,

It's certainly no great deal to bend some perforred stainlesssteel plate it costs me as a residu about € 5..

Concerning the radiator it's true that he's taken a lot of the impact with a touchdown( what I did 2 years ago) since then I made two black ertalon"crash sliders" instead of the aluminium standard decoration :it doesn't matter me that it looks some "heavier"..
Greetings
Thierry
Last edited by carpe diem on 07 Apr 2008 18:54, edited 1 time in total.
V-Fun

Post by V-Fun »

[quote="Curtis"]Have you thought about making your own?

Curtis/Carpe,
No I hadn't thought of making my own - and perhaps I should have done!

'A fool and his money are easily parted'

Will consider making the oil cooler protection - In my case no doubt using my own blood as a lubricant!

Regards
Stephen R
Steve-55

Post by Steve-55 »

Hi to all
You may want to look at my listing as regards to crash protectors!! if you are concerned about damage to the bike.
They should stop any hard or serious impact to other components.
Regards
Steve