Avio - not just Blue and Silver...

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
corsaro chris

Avio - not just Blue and Silver...

Post by corsaro chris »

Check the German importers web site for pictures of the Avio in black and red...

http://www.morini.at/morini/2008/MotoMorini08App2.pdf

Better than a Monster?

CC
V-Fun

Post by V-Fun »

Chris,
Better than a Monster? Oh yes...

As to this colour scheme: I have seen this in the metal, more than once as 3X have one in stock.

IMHO I think it looks better in the photograph.
The red frame is a textured matt finish and I think it looks a bit like primer.
The matt black bodywork is OK, but as with the Aprilia RSV's that used matt paint I feel that it looked 'cheaper' than gloss finish?

Ducati's Monster 'Dark' range also had Matt paint and they WERE the budget range of bikes.

Please don't let my 'two penneth' put anybody off buying a great bike and it has been said that the 'Avio', having the 120BHP motor is a pleasure to ride.

I'll get my coat...

Regards
Stephen R
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Stephen;

It might be nice to ride (I'll have to get myself down to 3X to have a go) but I bet it won't be as nice as a full-blooded Corsaro :lol:

Saw the new 695 (?) Monster at the Alton Ducati shop last w/e, the matt black on that one also looked a bit cheap and tacky - whereas the gloss red one (the demo) looked pretty.

Still waiting for the Gran Passo - one of each in the garage? (Only kidding. :wink:)

CC
V-Fun

Post by V-Fun »

Chris,
I reckon the 'Avio' will be a good bike -maybe better than the Corsaro on days when you don't quite feel 'full on'? Or in the wet...

As to the Monster; I saw the same '696' at 'Snells' and thought the same as you.

I spent this afternoon at 3X and their, bright red '696' joined the demo fleet.

I was asked if I would 'put some miles on it' and did almost 30 (the bike had done '4' when I took it out!).

A promising bike and one wonders if MM will bring out a smaller bike in the future.

As to Morini's: 3X have sold their new model 91/2 and a 2007 'Veloce' in the last few days.

A black 2008 model 'Vloce' is joining the test fleet any time now - Now where is that 'GranPasso'... (Due in May).

Let's look out for new members to the forum!

Regards
Stephen R
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

New small engine likely to be out for 2010 model year if we believe the hints we heard at the factory... :roll:

It might be a V or a fast single...

We're (the MRC) aiming for a factory visit in September 09 so we'll see then, possibly.

If you can, get to the MRC meet in April (gosh - next Wednesday) - if we both brought a Corsaro that'd be the first time ever there were two seen together away from a dealers :D

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
V-Fun

Post by V-Fun »

Chris,
I'll do my best to make this historic event a reality...Glad you reminded me it is next Wednesday!

Will be able to confirm my attendance on Monday.

Regards
Stephen R
Sander

Post by Sander »

If you can, get to the MRC meet in April (gosh - next Wednesday) - if we both brought a Corsaro that'd be the first time ever there were two seen together away from a dealers
Chris, did you forget about the trackday 2006? :shock:
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Sander - you are so right - I had better correct that to "2 modern British registered Corsaros..." :oops:

Spare my blushes. If I could work out how too, I'd paste a photo of 3 new and one old Corsaro at Cadwell!

Hope that you and your red beast are keeping well,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
Sander

Post by Sander »

Here is that picture again:
:D

I'm not sure, but the pictures we took with all the Morini's together, did it have your Corsaro in it and the one from NLM? My memory is not so good anymore, and I don't know if that Corsaro was registered :lol:
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Sander;

That's the one! Your bike is the one with the rack, mine is the black Coraso, and the other (with the tank bag) is the other Netherlands rider (Peter?).

Happy days!

As a side issue - the Avio is now in the UK, and MCN are down to ride the importers demonstrator - what is the view of the bike in the Netherlands?

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
Sander

Post by Sander »

I'm not sure if the Avio is allready in the Netherlands. I haven't been visiting a dealer this year.

Our neighbours think it looks nicer then in the pictures. (german forum) There was also a test in a german magazin with good comments.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

"KD and others have just been on a Morini riding trip to Scotland -Will be interested to hear how they got on. " (Qoute from Steven in 9 1/2 and Sport thread..)

I understand that Keith from 3X rode the new Avio up to Scotland once it had been tested by a freelance for MCN and MCS&L. He says that it's a very good machine (but then, the importer would :wink: ). I am taking my Corsaro up to the Highlands early June - there are some great roads up there...

There are apparently a couple of Scottish dealers in the pipeline, and we can expect more Morini activity this year from 3X.

3X have their demo in, and I guess I'll have to have a go on it soon :)

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

"Less can be More"

3X's Avio tested in the latest issue of MCN. Nice pictures, good test. Better than the standard Corsaro?

Now there's a challenge! :?

CC
"I'll use the Morini"