Bike lift

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
Gary D

Bike lift

Post by Gary D »

Morning all!

Has anyone invested in a lift for their Corsaro? I'm looking to replace the head bearings soon & need a lift that allows access to this area & the front suspension at large. I've spoken to Abba but they don't have an application that suits. Any other thoughts (particularly from personal experience0, would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Gary
floydsveloce

Re: Bike lift

Post by floydsveloce »

Hi Gary
Have you tried looking at the sealey website ? sealey.co.uk , they have a dozen or so lifts available so you can see if something might be good for you !! If not, try someone like demon tweaks.
As for Abba, I wouldn't bother with the swedish popsters, they won't know anything about bike lifts ! :lol:

good luck
floyd
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Money, money, money...

Use axle stands! Worked for me.
Gary D

Post by Gary D »

Hi folks

Much as I love the Corsaro, balancing the bike on a V-shaped sump whilst knocking the head races out of the frame is a precarious prospect indeed. Where did you manage to locate the axle stands please Mickey?

Cheers

Gary

PS Abba seemed to have a "can't be arsed" attitude toward the bike....my mind did drift back orf to being a teenager & a certain other notable Swedish ass :wink: !
Gary D

Post by Gary D »

Hi folks

Much as I love the Corsaro, balancing the bike on a V-shaped sump whilst knocking the head races out of the frame is a precarious prospect indeed. Where did you manage to locate the axle stands please Mickey?

Cheers

Gary

PS Abba seemed to have a "can't be arsed" attitude toward the bike....my mind did drift back orf to being a teenager & a certain other notable Swedish ass :wink: !
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

You do have to be careful! Rear was on a paddock stand. used them under the footrests and used some side supports. It was a bit precarious, but I only wanted to grease the bearings, not remove the cups. Not having a frame underneath does cause problems. The engine is not flat so my normal trick of a plank supported by two axle stands did not work.
-------------------------------------------------------

Mike.
MonstroMorini

Post by MonstroMorini »

There is a usefull one from becker technik in germany

I use paddock stands, have mounted these on the rear, to avoid damaging the speedo sensor when using universal " flat" lifters

ImageIMG_0521 by Monstro Morini, on Flickr

For the front lifter i bought these adaptors, fit in the bottom hole of the fork

result

or complete lift off ;)

MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Looks a good, substantial lift, except the forks can't be removed. :)
Gary D

Post by Gary D »

Hi folks.

Well..the axle stands are probably a step beyond my bravery levels for race removal. I've enquired on the Becker people, as that option provides for a strap pull down at the rear of the bike to lift the front clear & leave it unobstructed. If they can provide an engine mounting adapter it'll also service a rear end strip. How much it'll all cost is another question??

Cheers for all the thoughts & I'll let you know what happens next...hopefully the word "crunch" won't be included in the summary!

Gary
backfat1187

Post by backfat1187 »

Gary D

Post by Gary D »

Hi Jim

What a bugger..I asked the Abba guys at the NEC about a stand & was met with a firm "no". It makes you wonder sometimes! I've purchases a useful looking centre stand from Germany (off ebay), that uses regular sockets to attach to the swing arm pivot. It looks a stable bit of kit & will hopefully allow me to chock the bike under the sump? At £60 it's worth a punt & I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Meanwhile, the mysterious head bearing rubber gasket remains a mystery in part number terms. I've asked NLM for a word with the factory & have got my fingers crossed. Either way that bike's getting new head bearings soon!

Cheers

Gary