Steering head bearing replacement Corsaro 1200

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
Gary D

Steering head bearing replacement Corsaro 1200

Post by Gary D »

Hi to you all!

I wonder if anyone can help me with a problem I have in replacing the steering head bearings? I'm a little confused by a difference between the parts list and the service manual? The service manual talk of a washer and also a "rubber gasket ", on the base of the steering head. I cannot see a part number listed or drawing for the "rubber gasket" on the parts list manual? Can anyone confirm if there is a rubber gasket & if so, what the part number is for this item? I'd really appreciate any help you can provide.

Cheers
Gary
backfat1187

Re: Steering head bearing replacement Corsaro 1200

Post by backfat1187 »

Hi Gary,
Yes I see what you mean about the manual/parts diagram ambiguity. In the manual, the picture just down the page from where it describes the 'rubber gasket', it does appear that there is a dust seal fitted below the washer. I reckon they must mean this. Maybe they either missed it off the exploded diagram/parts list, or possibly started fitting one after that document had been produced?
I replaced my head bearings a while ago, you can see the rubber edge of what appears to be a dust seal fitted underneath the rusty knackered bearing...
382.jpg
382.jpg (149.74 KiB) Viewed 5821 times
I used taper rollers which came with the dust seals included so didn't notice the omission from the Morini diagram.
Gary D

Post by Gary D »

Hi Jim

Thanks for your time on this. I've already bought in the ball rollers so I'm committed on that score. At least I know it actually exists now. I've joined the Corsa Corta forum in the hope that someone at the factory picks up on my enquiry? We'll have to see how that goes.

Cheers

Gary
backfat1187

Post by backfat1187 »

Hi Gary
Found this http://www.gyger-calvo.ch/Bilder/Morini ... 0-2008.pdf
Appears to be an updated parts list. It has missing item included!
Jim