Reliability of Corsaro?

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
diabloss

Reliability of Corsaro?

Post by diabloss »

Good evening all!

I am lovely of twin (i had SV 650 SV1000 S4R and TUONO), but the 1200 morini is the best motor that i have never try... I will buy it, i have fund two bikes with less 4000 Km bought in 2007 (i will again have two years of warranty), but my main problem is the reliability.

Somebody has perhaps a bike with more 20000 km? Can you explain me your experience? Do you use your bike all days? Have you motors or electric problems? Whats is your number of actuals kilometers?

I need your help and advices to choose my next bike!

Also i look for others french morini owners, for meeting (in france in 2007 only 69 bikes have been sold!)

In your answer please use a basic english... i am french !

Best regards all!
V-Fun

Post by V-Fun »

Hi diabloss,

Firstly: your English is better than my French!

As to your questions concerning the Moto Morini - More bikes have been sold in France than in England.

I work sometimes at the Moto Morini importer and the bikes I have seen have travelled less than 20,000Km.

The most Kms I have seen has been 16,000Km.

In England the Morini would normally be a bike bought for fun and not commuting though I see no reason why the motor would not be capable of high Kms.

Once the 'GranPasso' is here; we will see bikes being used for high Kms and the factory must be confident to put the motor into that bike.

Most problems I believe have been with the ECU (Motor control) and these are all being improved by Moto Morini under guarantee.

I would be confident to recommend the Morini and hope this is helpful.

Regards
Stephen R
nfitz

reliability

Post by nfitz »

Hi - I can't comment on long term reliability. However, I have just got back fomr a flat-out trip to the Nurnberg Ring in Germany. The bike ran for 1,400 miles using all the revs and regulary bouncing off the rev limiter chaseing a mate on a DUCATI 1098 across the back roads of France, Belgium and Germany. The MM CORSARO had no mechanical probllems, it ran at the right temperature always, and started everytime on the button press.
Highly reccomended Bike - just needs a more comfortable saddle and a betted screen for long rides.
V-Fun

Post by V-Fun »

nfitz

Sounds like you had one hell of a trip!

If it helps - I can personally recommend the gel seat from the MM accessories range.
I weigh c. 98kgs and found the seat to be really comfortable.

It has a quality covering and red stitching and was bought initially for the improved appearance.

The seat comes as a set (rider and pillion seats) and costs under £100.

As to the screen: Try 'Maniac Motors', a German company who do an adjustable screen that looks high quality and fits over the existing -
a sort of two tier arrangement.

The poor exchange rate makes it a bit pricey -but worth a look.

Hope this helps.

Hey diabloss - Did you buy a Morini?

Regards
Stephen R
nfitz

Post by nfitz »

Steven

Thanks for the advice on the seat & screen. I fly in to Nurnberg regularly with work so plan to visit Maniac Motors whos shop is on the industrial estate just next to the airport.

I have ordered a set of "crash bungs" from them and plan to pick them up in a few weeks so will have a look at the saddle, screen and exhaust systems they offer and post a reply on the forum with some more details.