Problem with air/fuel ratio.

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
kCo

Problem with air/fuel ratio.

Post by kCo »

Hi!
In the beginning of this season I changed the "race ECU" in to my Veloce. And Problem is this.
I think that the engine get's too much fuel. Does anyone else have this same problem?
I took the exhaust gas test at work with " Technotest 488 plus" exhaustgas tester and here are the results:
2007 Corsaro Veloce. Termigoni slip-ons and without noise killers.

Engine speed ~1500 (idle)
CO 4,31 (% vol)
Co2 12,2 (% vol)
HC 0341 (ppm vol)
o2 0,46 (% vol)
Lambda 0,887

~@ 3000 RPM

CO 6,53
Co2 10,3
HC 0706
o2 1,19
Lambda 0,842

~@ 6000 RPM
CO 7,87
Co2 10,3
HC 0385
o2 0,22
Lambda 0,788

Bike was not in a dynometer. so the throttle wasn't fully open.

So what do you think of these?
So far I have 2500 km's this sommer and my drivingjacket smells like I had driven a late 80's 2-stroke. And the lisence plate is almost black after two days of riding.

Would the result be same with standard ECU or is something elso wrong?
Thanks in advance.
Curtis

Post by Curtis »

I have the same setup on my Veloce.

Although i cant check the figures I think mines a bit rich too.

Clothes stink of fuel, sooty cans and the pickup isn't as crisp on the throttle as I would expect.

I have been tempted to put the normal ECU back in but don't really want to refit the baffles (they look very restrictive).

The place on the link below sell a decat pipe (a tasty exhaust too!) that may help balance things up, I have been looking if power commanders do a morini model but no luck.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/EXHAUST-QD-TITANI ... dZViewItem

Also, an ex-veloce owner, Ben reported really poor economy also, maybe they are just too rich.

Rich
V-Fun

Post by V-Fun »

If it helps - 3X told me that the bikes run better with the baffles in and the standard ECU.

When I discussed fitting the race ECU to my bike the response was "it'll run like sh*t and drink fuel".

So I didn't do it...My clothes and back-pack still reeked of exhaust fumes
after every ride.

I reckon a 'power commander' would be the way forward: providing the bike remained on one set-up and was not alternating between baffles in/out.

I'm interested to know what the ultimate set-up/combination is.

Are the Termi's actually the best cans for these bikes? Wish we had more
riders from whom to poll experiences and opinions.

Regards
Stephen R
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

You can actually get a power commander for the corsaro:

http://www.hyperformanceparts.com/catal ... ts_id=3366

Although there is much more going on in engine management than simply altering the fuelling and my personal opinion is to trust the factory and see how the mapping develops. Morini have been good in that they are at least issuing ECU updates and the bikes have improved greatly in the last year or so. My corsaro doesn't make my rucksack stink of fuel since the latest upgrades and I am returning much better fuel economy (mid 40s).

kCo, you can't really judge a whole mapping strategy on a few points as you don't know what else is going on in terms of temperature compensation, torque reserve etc etc. Yes your fuelling looks rich but typically lambda 0.9 for power and extra fuel at high speed/load for component protection seems reasonable, with optimum torque usually between 3 and 5% CO. I suspect the race mapping has had only a fraction of the development that the road mapping has had.

All said and done, the Corsaro is a cracking bike, especially for such a young factory, so to Morini riders the world over- happy riding!
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

All;

Out of interest - when I asked the UK importer what he'd give me for the Corsaro in exchange for a Veloce, he said, and I quote, "If you're serious, wait for the Gran Passo..."

So, I'm waiting for the GP.. :)

But in the interim - enjoying the Corsaro - with little petrol smells etc as it is totally standard :!:

CC
"I'll use the Morini"