End of my beloved 2012 corsaro

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
franco82

End of my beloved 2012 corsaro

Post by franco82 »

I am so sorry to write this, but my corsaro died two weeks ago due to many bad coincidences, bad luck and my fault. Once I realized there is no other escape, I overbraked the bike and fall away. Corsaro hit the trucks front wheel still with quite a high speed and the front is shred to pieces. There is damage also all over the bike and repair is no way. I ended under the rear axe of the truck and I am happy, that I broke just my leg. Thanks to great leathers, helmet, back protector west, gloves and boots, I am still here. Especially helmet had a hard work that day.

Corsaro was quite a member of my family and it really breaks me, when I see the wreck everytime.
So guys, take care and always wear proper gear! I hope I will jump on two wheels in the future and if I am damn lucky, it will be mm again. I will post photos once I am on laptop.
3520415_.jpg
3520415_.jpg (134.7 KiB) Viewed 14926 times
AGV
AGV
Image00001.jpg (398.19 KiB) Viewed 14926 times
Ming

Re: End of my beloved 2012 corsaro

Post by Ming »

Ouch!
floydsveloce

Post by floydsveloce »

Glad you are ok, apart from the broken leg of course !
Maybe another corsaro with the insurance payout ?? I think it's fair to say that one's a write off !!
floydsveloce

Post by floydsveloce »

Apart from the broken leg, I'm glad to hear you are ok. And decent riding kit helps big time.
Maybe another morini with the insurance payout ??

Good luck

Floyd
nicko

Post by nicko »

F**k, hope the leg isn't too bad. Looks quite a mess.
norbert

Post by norbert »

Madre mia!

Happy birthday Franco! That´s real big luck, to get out of there with a broken leg.

Get well soon!
norbert
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

In another group I'm a member of the usual response to such a mishap would be "you clumsy *&%$ !".
Also get well soon. Metal is just metal at the end of the day. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
franco82

Post by franco82 »

Thank you guys! The leg is broken the best way it could be, so it will be ok in a guite a quick time. Fun is, that two medics had to force me to ground, because I was in shock when I regain consciousness and wanted to stand up, because I was thinking I am ok. In fact I was able to walk as the bone was just cranked and fractured was 4 days ago during normal walk. What a loud sound that was :-D. The obviously did not see it on the CT.

The bike was insured, but the payout is something like half of new corsaro, but better than nothing.

The bad thing is the we rode in group of four. First guy on brand new GS hit the grill of the truck, and he had multiple fractures and other serious wounds. Luckily he will be ok too, but he will spend few months in hospital. I visited him yesterday and it made me really happy to see him in a way better shape, than one week ago. I was second in the group and the third guy was far behind, so they stopped with no problem. Really a bad day, but we are here. So this is a big positive ;-)
blackducati

Post by blackducati »

So sorry to hear this. I lost my 675 triumph last year still suffering with broken back and both wrists. hope you get back on two whells soon Best regards Rob Lewis
franco82

Post by franco82 »

blackducati wrote:So sorry to hear this. I lost my 675 triumph last year still suffering with broken back and both wrists. hope you get back on two whells soon Best regards Rob Lewis

Sorry to hear that. Friend from the first bike undergo surgery yesterday and got titanium support in his spine. We all hope it will not have any major negative effect on his mobility and he will be walking soon again. He is definitely decided, that two wheels is no go in the future for him.
It is over 3 weeks now and I am still confused, why the crash happened. On the other hand I am even more surprised, I escaped with just broken leg.

There is plenty of time till next season, when I can think through return back to two wheels.
Papa Lazarou

Post by Papa Lazarou »

wow. pleased you are okay. My Guzzi broke my leg last year but the bike survived.