Fuel Consumption Corsaro

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
Dorsetdave

Fuel Consumption Corsaro

Post by Dorsetdave »

Hi All,

I did not introduce myself as a new member but am enjoying the chat on this site.
I have posted one question to which I got many informative replies.

My second question is, what sort of fuel consumption, mpg, is expected from either a Corsaro or Veloce.

Thanks in anticipation of your replys

DorsetDave
SteveMRC
Site Admin

Post by SteveMRC »

Hi Dave,
There's a Fuel consumption topic further down this board that should answer your questions.

Consensus seems to be low to mid 30s originally, and high 30s to low 40s with the latest ECU upgrade and mappings.
Corsaro and Veloce have the same engines. If you want a Veloce with a race ECU and Pipes then you will need a petrol tanker following you. :twisted:
Dorsetdave

Post by Dorsetdave »

Thanks Steve,

Does the standard Veloce with the Termis and baffle in have a normal or race ECU. Is there a different ECU for the baffle taken out.

Thanks for all the info,

Cheers Dave
Curtis

Post by Curtis »

Dave,

The Veloce comes with two ECU's, normal if baffles fitted or race if you take them out.

I had the baffles removed from new, the cans look great without baffles (like two bazooka tubes!) and sound awesome but the race ECU just chucks the fuel in.

I'm hoping the recent round of upgrades includes a new race ECU otherwise I am probably going to put the baffles back in and refit the standard ECU.

Rich
Dorsetdave

Post by Dorsetdave »

Thanks for the reply Rich,

Let me know what you get mpg wise when you put the baffles back in.

I'm getting the idea of the Corsaro/Veloce traits.

Anyone with any more info please let me know.

Cheers Dave
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

I have now done just on 1000 miles on the new ECU in my corsaro (600 of them this weekend!) and have averaged 36.8mpg.

That's a good combination of riding styles, urban, motorway and A road. The worst I've seen is 31.4 and the best 44.6.

Can't complain about that...
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

44.6 mpg from a Corsaro - that's almost as good as old technology 8)

Morini will be fitting flat heads and toothed timing belts next....

Just kidding - I've just got my call from NLM to say that my upgrades are in - just too late for the Scottish trip this weekend. Must fix an appointment with the bank manager :wink:

Hope that the Corsaros continue to run well - catch up next week with you all, and hope that the Veloces arrive soon for those that have ordered them,
CC
"I'll use the Morini"
nfitz

Fuel consumption over 1,400miles to nurnberg ring

Post by nfitz »

HI - I have just got back from a run to the Nurnberg Ring via the ferry to Calais and monitored the fuel consumption for reference over the 1,400miles ....
On motorway runs in the UK (sitting between 80-95) I averaged 42mpg. On the continent we opened it up and sat around 110mph with the odd blasts up to a maximum indicated of 157 the condumption dropped to just under 40mpg. On fast back roads and mixed riding in Germany up to & including the Ring again i got around the 40mpg.
The fuel warning light apreared reasonably reliably on 120miles which took around 15litres of fuel to re-fill.
Hope this helps ... Bottom line is that if we can afford an Italian exotica bike which is realy designed for blasting around fast back roads we shouldnt be worrying about fuel consumption. Does a Ferrari owned not buy because of this and get a Toyota instead?
Dorsetdave

Post by Dorsetdave »

Thanks Nfitz for your info on mpg. I'm trying to decide on a fun bike but as I will become an oap later this year I am afraid fuel cost does come into the equation. I have just sold a Ducati tourer which I became a bit bored with but also run a Fireblade which on a trip up to London and back,200 miles, returned around 40 mpg when not hanging about.
Looking at some of the remarks on various Corsaro's some people seem to be getting low 20s mpg which is a bit too rich for me.
I have seen a Voluce which I am interested in so any mpg on that model would be interesting.

Many thanks Dave
nfitz

Post by nfitz »

Dave - reading through this Forum it seems that most CORSARO owners get 36-42 mpg dependant on type of use. However, the VELOCHE with a race ECU and etc.. uses the fuel to increase power/torque and mpg drops down to high 20's - again according to posts on this forum.
So if you need to mpg stick to the standard CORSARO or ensure the VELOCHE is on a non race ECU etc...
franky

Post by franky »

Has anyone got a veloche with a race ecu but added a power commander...

Just a thought as the bikes seem to be running really rich, maybe a powercommader would sort this out. I had the the same problem on my sp1 and this sorted it. Might even get a few more horses too :roll:
Dorsetdave

Post by Dorsetdave »

Thanks Nfitz for you input, I think I will go for the Corsaro, the only thing is I do like the Termi silencers on the Voluce. I will see whats about.

Cheers Dave
Guvo

Power Commander for Veloce

Post by Guvo »

Franky.I tend to agree, by installing a power commander hopefully this would solve the fuel consumption issues.At first service I am getting the race ECU fitted and the baffles removed from the Termis. No louder than 100 Decibels I hope.I am getting 12.2 Kilometers per Liter using 98 RON now but expect this to deteriorate apon race ECU fitment.The power commanders have indefinate mapping variability as you know,so I hope I can attain a nice dark grey colour out of the cans then do another fuel consumption test.If anybody has done the above already please post us your opinions and results.