Had a test ride today.......

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
franky

Had a test ride today.......

Post by franky »

I decided that I wanted one...... so took one for a test ride and now i've got to get one :)

What a motor, the bike I rode had a few issues that were being sorted but it was great!

I thought that i'd want a red one till I saw a black velcote, now I think thats what I want, looks great all in black!

So the question is do you know where there's a black velcote for sale!? Ideal would be an 08 spec with ohlins shock.

Or I've been offered a new 07 spec for £9300 which I think is a little steep for last years bike...... anyone agree?

One last question..... whats the general opinion of the best dealer to deal with?
nfitz

9,300 is too steep for an 07

Post by nfitz »

Hi - Have a shop around for the CORSARO as well as the VELOCHE as I picked up an 08 CORSARO in black/silver for 7,000 from a dealer. the only real difference between the models cost 1,000 which is the termi end cans and modified epron chip..... definately not worth 2,300!!
franky

Post by franky »

There's a few more changes than that,

Brake MC
front forks
rear shock
ECU
Rearsets etc plus more....

wonder what you can get a 08 veloce for then!?
franky

Post by franky »

Was going to ask what dealer was that from?

:lol:
nfitz

Post by nfitz »

HI - I bought my CORSARO from Moto Strada in Shipley West Yorkshire where I have purchased 2 Moto Guzzies previously over the past 5 yrs.
I don't know why the bike was at £7k when list is £8,999 i wasent going to ask.
On the issue of CORASRO v's VELOCHE - yes there is a weight saving of 2kg (I weigh 96Kg so why worry) there are rear-sets (makes riding on a track great but possibly painfull on longer runs) differeny colour scheme, termi exhust system and ECU (can be bought seperately for less than £1k), Ohilins rear shock (nice!) a different coating on the same front fork lowers, Radial brake fluid pots on the levers but the same brakes - all this give a list price of £9,999.
So if buying new its definitely worth paying the extra £1k if the std CORSARO is at £8,999 but if you can pick one up at £7k then I dont reccon its worth the £3k.
If I was buying again and had cash (I had a trade-in and it was best buying new) I would be looking for the VELOCHE on an '07 at around £6k
Cheers Nfitz