Buying a 1200 thread

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
Gary D

Buying a 1200 thread

Post by Gary D »

Gents, a new fella called Mike is seeking information under the "Buying a 1200" thread, elsewhere on the forum. He's concerned by the camchain issues that are well reported. Nicko & I have already responded, but can any Corsaro owners out there advise of the mileage of their bikes & any camchain issues they've experienced within that mileage? Indeed, any issues they've experienced across the board? Please find my "ten pennuth" below...your experiences would be useful to Mike & other existing owners. Can you please spare a moment to build up a bit of a reliability profile for our rare bike?

Cheers & enjoyable riding,

Gary

Hi Mike

Welcome to the forum & congratulations on showing your good taste in considering a Corsaro. I've put 4500 miles on my 2006 model which has taken it up to 13500 in total. So far, so good! In this months Sport & Leisure, Alan Cathcart tests the updated ZZ model. He already owns (& loves) 2 Corsaro's & he's done a total of 35,000 klms on them with no issues, He doesn't state the balance of the mileage between the two though. It'd be interesting to have a poll on the cam chain issue versus mileage covered though. How about it chaps? Can you drop a line into this thread to say how many miles you've covered & whether you've experienced any camchain (or significant other) issues within that usage? It'd be useful for existing owners & folks like Mike who are contemplating ownership.

Mike, I've a GSXR1000K5 gathering dust (& maintaining it's value) in the garage. I choose the Corsaro every time & it's never let me down on the roadside. In 2 years of ownership, I've replaced a fan (the wire got kinked too close to the motor) & that's been it. It handles fantastically & is way better on fuel than the mags suggest. I generally get 40-45 mpg without looking for economy. It's a great long distance bike & always terrific fun to ride. I've ridden loads of bikes over the years & nothing beats the riding enjoyment of a Corsaro. I hope you take the plunge & join the club. Both are the best you'll find.

Good luck & best regards

Gary
Gary D

floydsveloce

Re: Buying a 1200 thread

Post by floydsveloce »

Alright folks
Mine is a white veloce, ( maybe the only white one unless anyone knows different ! ). It's 2009 with 18,500 on the clock. No issues so far, but my mechanic, Nick , says not to worry about changing on the schedule milage. You'll know by the sound !
I only get 100 miles to the tank plus reserve, of super unleaded.
Of all the bikes I have had, it's my fave by far.

Floyd