Feeback from Nurnberg Ring trip on a Corsaro

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
nfitz

Feeback from Nurnberg Ring trip on a Corsaro

Post by nfitz »

HI - I've just got back fom a 1,400mile round trip to the Nurnberg Ring on my 2008 Corsaro.
Fuel Consumption - It seems owners are woried about low mpg. I averaged 40mpg riding at 85-95 on UK motorways, 100+ on the continent and riding reasonably hrd on hte back roads in Germany. The fuel light comes on around 120miles and that equates to a re-fill of 15 litres. If there is another 3 litres of reserve that should give another 24 miles but I wouldnt risk it.
Top Speed - on a de-restricted Autobahn I saw an indicated 157mph trying to keep up with a Ducati 999S (167) and a Ducati 1098 (178) but this was a bit hairy with my chin on the tank!
Cruising Speed - the limiting factor for me was not the wind blast to my head and torso but the wind pushing my legs open over time was really hard work above 100mph for a full 1-2hrs.
Cruising limiting factors - the seat is not comfortable for cruising distances and my arse complains at 75miles. Godd job we stopped every 100 to refill the Ducati's. Luggage capacity is poor ... I had a tank bag and a Kreiger tail pack which is just enough for 3-4 days.

I can report that in 95% of the ride the MM Corsaro can mix it with the DUcati's and on the twist German roads can leave them behind as the upright riding position allows you t see further down the road ahead.

We traveled on the ferry from Dover to Calis and then blasted it to Acchen to drop off kit at the hotel. Then a 1 1/2hr blast up to the Nurnberg ring to find it was closed for a accident and would re-open at 10.30 on the Sunday. So we came back the next day in 26 deg C of glorious sunshine to watch some seriously trick cars go out first on the track. I started to have 2nd thoughts with 800bhp Porche harrying my arse on blind bends (most are in the forrest and blind!) but bought a ticket for a single lap (21 Euro) and went to get my leathers on. By the time we got the bikes ready (Corsaro V's 99S and 1098S Ducati) the track was closed AGAIN for a multiple accident. So we reluctantly bought the T-shirt and set off back to Calais and then for me back up to Yorkshire. ---- Next yr!

I hope to make it to the MM track day as I yet to get the bike on a track!

Improvements to make - in comparison to the Ducati's with full Termi systems the Corsaro is tame. Want to look for a nice trick exhaust and ECU.
Curtis

Post by Curtis »

Great report!

Tempted to take mine on a local track this month but the thought of dropping nearly £10k of bike gives me a few reservations ;)

For trick exhausts have you seen this?

Looks to be a 2-into-1 system from the photo, they sell a decat pipe too.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/EXHAUST-QD-TITANI ... dZViewItem
nfitz

The system advertised is frm QD

Post by nfitz »

Thanks for the link - the system is a QD unit fom Italy who are represented in the UK by DynomaxUK. The sell slip ons an full systems which loose the cat, but as yet they have no re-mapped ECU to go with the system.
I'm going to spend some time looking at geting a sub £1,000 system with ECU re-map.
On my last bike (Moto Guzzie V11 Rosso Corsa) I managed to get a full Mistral system with race ECU and carbon end cans for £800 by going direct to the factory in Italy and paying cash! Luckily I visit Italy on business every 4-6w.
franky

Post by franky »

Dynojet now do powercommanders for the corsaro so I wouldn't worry about an ecu......

£1000 should pay for a de cat/cans/powercommader and a rolling road set up, much better than a generic ecu. :wink:
Steve-55

Post by Steve-55 »

Hi to you all again
With regards to re-map an italian company now do a package for the Corsaro
http://rapidbike.dimsport.com/applicazi ... esults.php?
These units are reported to be better than a Powecommander!!
Regards
steve
nfitz

Post by nfitz »

Thanks verry much for the post... how did you find this site? Has anyone tried one of these or know how much they are?
When I have saved up and selected an exhaust system I'll have a closer look at these ... Nigel