Headlamp protectors

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
Ratty

Headlamp protectors

Post by Ratty »

I have just had to order a replacement headlamp for the Veloce and will, as a result, be hawking the old unit around to try to find someone to make some plastic protectors for it as I do not want to pay another £143 to replace the unit again. Has anyone already been through this or have any suggestions as to who may make such a thing. The likes of Powerbronze don't yet make any and don't have plans to as it would be a small uneconomical run.
V-Fun

Post by V-Fun »

Ratty,
I had a stone through the headlight on my Guzzi Griso, last year.

That bike has a single round headlight lens - But it still cost me £90 odd to replace it.

Then bought a headlight protector off e-bay.
The expression 'Locking the gate after the horse has bolted' comes to mind.

The unit I bought simply fitted with the usual 3M pads.

Perhaps if you made contact with one of these sellers, on e-bay you could get some made-up for the Corsaro models?

After all they are just two smaller round units..My thinking is that if the seller is also the manufacturer, you could get lucky.

Regards
Stephen R
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Beware - Ventura already list a headlamp protector - so you could save some money!

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
Ratty

Post by Ratty »

Well spotted, I hadn't found anyone making them. I have ordered one.

Cheers.
Steve
Ratty

Update

Post by Ratty »

Have fitted them and they look good. Bit of a faff having to take the head lamp casing off, not difficult just awkward. Then the alignment is out etc :lol: