Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
franky

Post by franky »

looks great!

Where's the oil cooler!?
yaaan

Post by yaaan »

franky wrote:looks great!
It does indeed. I would be happier if it went great as well...30 miles down the road and it died on me :(

Ended up getting RAC'd home and 3X are sending a van with a courtesy bike to collect it in the morning. Reckon it's a duff battery or short somewhere as it's not holding any charge. Fingers crossed it'll be a quick fix though as I have to go away for work next week for 5 weeks so would like to play with it a bit before I go.

As for the oil cooler....beats me :lol:
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

yaaan,

Sorry to hear of your problems. I have faith that 3X will sort you out quickly and efficiently, and you will absolutely love your morini when you get it back.

As for the trackday, it's the 24th July. I've been doing the MRC trackday at cadwell since 2001 on my morini dart and enjoy it more and more every year. I can thoroughly reccommend it and don't worry too much that you will still be running the avio in- even with the rev limit and being nice to it you'll still find the morini plenty quick enough for cadwell. When you see folk in the paddock with ear to ear grins having just been out on classic morini (max power as much as the corsaro makes at only 3000 rpm) you'll know what I mean.

As regards the avio oil cooler, the 9 1/2 spec motor doesn't have one. Not such a bad thing- One less thing to worry about getting stone-damaged, and the one on my corsaro is a pain to clean!!!
yaaan

Post by yaaan »

Fortunately I love my new bike already even though it's broken so yesterday's mess trying to get reaired/recovered hasn't dampend my enthusiasm. 3X are sending a van today although they are unable to tell me when today it will be so I guess I'll just have to sit round and wait until they get here. All this sunny weather and not able to make the most of it!! Hopefully if they get here soon, I can go and play on the spare Avio they're sending me :D

Just my luck that the trackday is in July as I'm away for work for 5 weeks on 1st July. It sounds like it would be a good day to be out though. Maybe next year :D
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Yaan;

If you miss the Track Day get down to the MRC Berkshire meeting in August (3rd Wednesday of the month from eight) - use the A420 / A4 route out of Bristol as far as Newbury and then the B roads to Aldworth - roads made for Morinis!!!

Good luck with getting the Avio fixed - the Demo I rode at 3X was great, so you should enjoy :wink:

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
yaaan

Post by yaaan »

Chris

Thanks for that! I should certainly be able to make the Berkshire meeting. A nice long ride in the sun is just what i'll be in need of when I get back from work :D

3X have picked up my bike today and have lent me one of their demo Avios until it is fixed so I've been out for a play today and it is fantastic :D A bit of a different riding style to my old Speed 4 but it will be fun getting to grips with!

Hopefully I'll get mine back before the end of the week so i can make a start running it in before I go back to work.

Yaaan
yaaan

Post by yaaan »

They've fixed it and I have back already :D 24 hours including picking it up from Bristol and dropping it back. Quite pleased with that.

Apparently the regulator packed up so fingers crossed the new one holds up. Had a hundred miles trouble free since so looking good :D
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Good news!

Good service from 3X as well... :D

CC
"I'll use the Morini"