New to Morini

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
johnwh

New to Morini

Post by johnwh »

Hi,
I never thought I would buy a another bike as I have had a Jota for over 30 years and it is still a good bike to ride.
Very occasionally I have a look through the second market and usually check out the Morinis'.
Just before Xmas I paid special attention because I just lost a friend of many years who had a 500. In fact I was with him when he purchased it from Ron Angle in Melbourne in 1980 and decked it the first time I rode it by locking the front brake on a wet road at the traffic lights, very embarrassing.
The 1200 Veloce I bought has 10000 klms on it and was apparently the first one in Oz being a 2007 model.
The guy who owned it lived at Natimuk up near Horsham in Victoria which was about a 3 1/2 hour drive from Torquay.
I have done all the fluids and had a mate check the injectors and am going to Melbourne in a couple of weeks to get it dyno'd and remap for the ECU.
Even as is it is a fantastic bike and I love riding it. I have been riding it to work and intend to use it heaps.
At 65 and some arthritis creeping in better to have some fun while I can.
I love the power and the feel although it is taking some time to get used to a modern bike after all these years on an old Jota.
It looks to be a bit of pain getting parts but can't complain.
All in all it is more than I hoped for and is certainly a real sleeper in the market.
mikebbikes

Re: New to Morini

Post by mikebbikes »

Love to see some photos!
Ming

Post by Ming »

Welcome John, join the club as far as wonky joints goes - at least you are likely to have more decent riding weather than many of us in the Northern Hemisphere!
johnwh

Post by johnwh »

Cheers Guys,
Weather has been pretty hot over the last few weeks so it is a blessing for the joints.
I had to go into town yesterday and by accident pulled up outside a KTM shop in Geelong.
The 1290 looks smaller but none of the grace of design of the Morini.
I wonder what the different characteristics would be as a comparison.
The thing I really like about the Morini is the way you sit in the bike as opposed to the KTM where I would imagine you are more on top.
Cheers
John
PS I will in pic when I work out how to do it. Bit of a Luddite in these matters.
roofus

Post by roofus »

good on ya john let us know how the dyno run goes
mikebbikes

Post by mikebbikes »

I must admit, it was the looks of the Corsaro that first attracted me to it, it just looks... right.
If Vincent were still making bikes, I would like to think they would made something like it.