Picked up my new bike yesterday!

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
franky

Picked up my new bike yesterday!

Post by franky »

:D

just wondering what "running in" others did? also how come the clutch is so bloody heavy!?

I'm well impressed with the bike, its now got 150ish miles on so the tyres are bedded in well, handles great though I did have one 'bouncy moment' but i'm sure it can be tweaked out on the suspension!

First impressions are good, didn't realise the clocks had a gear indicator which is great, a good surprise! Need to work out the other bits though.

seem to get 110ish miles to a tank, I guess it'll get better with milage on but its better than others i've had.

I took the baffles out of the cans....... sounds ace, however do you think it'd be wise to put them in while running it in?
Curtis

Post by Curtis »

If you have the race ECU - take baffles out (it runs rich enough as it is with this ECU)

Standard ECU - baffles in.

I kept to the guidelines when running in, but there are some schools of thought that you get better performance if u rag it from new, as the first 100 miles are the most important its too late anyways ;)

Enjoy!!
franky

Post by franky »

it seems to run fine on the std ecu/baffles out :?:
nfitz

Post by nfitz »

Franky - on my std Corsaro I am now up to 2,500miles in 3months. I stuck religiously to 5,00rpm for the 1st 600miles and then to 7,000 up till around 1,200. Now run in the bike is sweet in th 5-7,000 and freely revs to 9,500 limit.
Although on a new ECU map the bike remains lumpy in 2-3,500rpm if trying to dawdle through towns/villages. Might try a power comander?

I had the bike in for its 1st service at 750 miles - I was off to Nurnberg Ring so It needed it early.

All is working great - the gearbox has loosened up and I can now finally get neutral when stationary! the clutch has loosened off but only after getting the slipper clutch earning its keep for the past 500miles.
Regarding fuel range - I am on standard ECU and Pipes, but I see 120 miles in 15 litres with the orange light starting to flicker. Which is 8 miles per litre so on a 18 litre tank that gives 144 to bone dry!

Will we be seeing the bike at the MRC track day?

Cheers Nigel
franky

Post by franky »

I'm hoping I can....... only if its ran in! Yeah i've been having probs with finding neutral!

Cheers for the advice/info, I see you're not too far away, I'm in lincolnshire :D

have you tweaked the suspension? I've got a veloce, feels good but a little soft, or is it because i'm use to sports bikes!? well race reps!?
nfitz

Post by nfitz »

Franky - Yes my suspension also feels a little on the soft side, but I decided to give it 2,000 or so miles to fully settle in and also to get used to the bike before i started to play with it and so I had a good feel for the bike to be able to notice changes.
I will over the next week or so look at re-setting the sag on the front anr rear, as the factory settings are for a 75kg rider and im 90kg.
I made a quick check a few weeks back and the sag with me on the bike accounts for 30% of the available suspension travel front and rear. I usualy set my bikes up for 20%.
I'll keep you posted with the settings I come up with FYI.

Anyone elso out there got any suspension set-up reccomendations???

Cheers Nigel
franky

Post by franky »

I'm also 90ish kg....

its the front and rear I noticed it, so maybe a touch more of everything.

not really be able to do it till its ran in and I can use the throttle more! :shock:

or if I can get it ran in for the track day, however I did notice its not the full circuit!? :?: do you know why?
normv95

Post by normv95 »

Hi Franky,

i'm curious to hear your opinion on using the standard ECU with the baffles out? Does the bikes performance change at all? I was under the impression baffles out was to be used with the Veloce race ECU only, I'm still having issues with stalling, poor running, and occasional no start etc. Also lots of black soot all over the rear of the mufflers and rear of the bike, any ideas anyone?
Norm.
franky

Post by franky »

It felt lumpy at first, like it was lurching at a constant throttle. however on the ride it seemed ok, i'm not sure on all this race ecu stuff, I think a powercommander would be the best bet :?: to be honest it did feel a little rougher on consant throttle, going to try all combinations until i'm happy.

It'd be interesting to see a comparison with all the combinations of ecu/baffels etc on a dyno looking at the air/fuel to see whats going on.

if the bike is running rich baffles out should help lean it out more as it'll improve the gas flow. does the race ecu have a map installed, or does a dealer have to do it?

I think long term will be de-cat pipe, powercommander and a custom set-up.

that should sort out any fueling issues, get rid of the emissions rubbish and give the bike even more mid-range. :lol:
SupermotoDave

Cadwell

Post by SupermotoDave »

The MRC track day will be the full circuit and has been for a number of years, so you can all fall off at the Mountain and Hall bends to your hearts content, just please don't hurt yourselves.

David Marlow (the man in the hat at Cadwell!)
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Running in - it pays to follow the book - I've had the thick end of 10,000 miles on mine with very little problem - 5K in top is pretty quick anyway and the time soon passes.... 8)

The fuel consumption doesn't get better - 110 / 120 til yellow light is about right. If you want more range fill it up to the brim - empty to full is 18 litres, and it really doesn't make a difference if its premium or normal unleaded. :lol:

It should smooth out past 3K rpm and be ready to fly from 4K to the rev limiter (plus 9K). 2nd and 3rd gears gets you round most B roads quicker than anything else, having done the Alston Middleton in Teesdale road last week...

Good riding!

CC
"I'll use the Morini"