What to pay for a power commander3 for CORSARO?

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
nfitz

What to pay for a power commander3 for CORSARO?

Post by nfitz »

In an attempt to sort out the smooth running of my CORSARO below 4k and in anticipation of changing the exhuasts next year i've started to look on the internet for a Power Comander3 - best price in the UK seems high at £280. Yet in the UK its £150 even though these are made in Preston!
Has anyone out there in CORSARO land bought one? what dis you find? What should i be paying?
Cheers Nigel
franky

Post by franky »

I'll be getting mine from ebay.com the us site!

have a look on there....
nfitz

Post by nfitz »

I have looked on the www and made a few calls in Europe Uk and USA.
My findings for those that are considering getting a PC3:
UK - set price at £270
Europe - best price is Maniac Motors in Germany - 300Euro
USA - $340 fom eBay shops that will ship to UK

Best but most dificult buy is US shop ... HYPERFORMANCE http://www.hyperformanceparts.com/catal ... ath=15_463 who are presently discounting to $270. However, they will not accept non US payemnt and wont ship outside US!

So I've organised a colleague in the US to buy me one and ship to the UK and ill settle up with him independantly.

FYI -The PC3 part number is 731-411 for a Moto Morini Corsaro 1200.

I plan to fit this initialy to a standard Corsaro and use the standard maps that come with the PC3 (and can be downloaded from the Dynojet site) to see if this smooths out the throttle response.

When I get into a full exhuast system (when money permits and I have found the right buy)- then I'll get it on a rolling road and use the PC3 to re-map to suit the exhuasts and bike.

I would welcome any more experienced comment on this strategy ....

Cheers Nigel
franky

Post by franky »

sounds like the way forward........ Have dynojet got a list of maps on their website yet? will you get the bike set up on a rolling road with the cat?
nfitz

Post by nfitz »

There are 2 maps listed 1- GRP slip ons etc ans 2 - all maps?
http://www.powercommander.com/powercomm ... 07&yr=2007

However, I understood that the PC3 comes with a standard map to suit initialy a standard bike. I will try this 1st and see waht happens. Dependant upn result I will then go and get it set-up and a map made.

This is for me part1 towards uchanging the whole exhust - just cant afford to lash out and get the whole lot in 1 go.