big trouble in paradise......

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
franky

big trouble in paradise......

Post by franky »

:cry:

My veloce is 240 miles old and the oil pressure warning light has come on!

It won't go out, the bike hasn't lost any oil so it must be internal!!

I'll ring NLM tomorrow to see if they can come and pick her up.

anyone else had this?
nfitz

Post by nfitz »

Franky - I had the same issue when the bike was 1st hot after say 10miles and the light stayed on if I recal for a few rides.
I have to say that I ignored it because the bike had oil to the correct level and the temperature as displayed on the dash was correct.
My bike seemed to sort itself out and doesnt do it now (im up to 2,500 in 3 months) - I think it was still doing it up to 500 miles.
Not sure my post helps but I would just check the oil level, watch that the temperature on the read out (normal running my fans dont cut in and only come on when I slow down after hammering it or i sit in trafic) stays under control and see if it sorts itself out over another 200 miles.
Cheers Nigel
franky

Post by franky »

cheers for that, I might try disconnecting the battery first to see if that helps!?
Sander

Post by Sander »

The fuses are easier to reach. :D
Remove the fuse for the ECU for a while and plug it back.
franky

Post by franky »

sorted :)

Just bits of swarf from the running in process on the oil pressure sensor, causing it to come on!
nfitz

Post by nfitz »

Franky - good to hear all is OK.

I suppose I should have taken it back to the dealer to check out what the route cause was too. At least i know now 1 of the possible reasons.

Are you going to the track day on the 24th? I will be there to finally get the Corsaro onto a track having failed to get onto the Nurnberg Ring.
franky

Post by franky »

I'm going to be a girl and hold out to see the 5 day weather forecast.......... cadwell isn't fun if its wet :shock:

all being well, and if she's run in by then I will though!

the warning light is still on at the min, they said its fine to ride, just got to drop it in when I can to have the sensor switch cleaned.