1st service.....

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
franky

1st service.....

Post by franky »

At what milage did the dispaly tell you it was due? I want to book the trackday but I've only done 500 miles so far and i'd prefer to use the full rev range at cadwell! :)

at what milage did your service indicator start showing?
nfitz

Post by nfitz »

Franky - I had a similar quandry. I wanted to be sure to have the bike 100% OK beofre riding to the Nurnberg ring so I had mine serviced early at 650. The service light came on around 750 -1,000 i think.

Mines now up to 2,500 and I've not had a chance to go back to the dealer to get the "spanner" icon turned off!

At around 700 miles you should be fine to use 7,000 as a limit which will be more than enough on a 1200 at Cadwell. Alll the power delivery is between 5 and 7k and short shifting in this band is still my prefered riding style.

I waited until 1,000 miles before the occasional 9,000 thrash FYI.

Cheers Nigel.
franky

Post by franky »

cheers for that, a couple of runs upto 9000 rpm before the first service wont do it any harm :lol: at least it'll be properly run in!!!

Was thinking its a shame you can't adjust the dash/laptimer from the handle bars :roll:

what do you reckon will scrape first, pegs or exhaust?
Curtis

Post by Curtis »

Had mine done earlyish too - about 600 miles, I think the sooner you get the metallic bits out of the engine (from running in) with an oil change the better.

btw. you can turn off the spanner symbol yourself from the dash setup menu.

Rich
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Contrary to advice so far - NLM advised running slightly beyond the 1500 km service interval. All the intervals are in the manual, btw :)

More importantly is probably keeping reasonably close to the rev limits advised :!:

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
franky

Post by franky »

I have been, done by the manual :shock:

I'd just prefer to have more revs to play with on track..... guess i'll just have to get out on it as much as possible! :P