Week2, problem 2...

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
yaaan

Week2, problem 2...

Post by yaaan »

Well I'm into my second week with my Avio and another problem arises albeit considerably more minor than the last one: rear offside indicator has packed up. The bulb's fine and no obvious disconnections but unfortunately I've had to go away to work for 5 weeks so won't be able to check it out until August when I get back :( Hopefully it will be easily solved. What I'm more concerned about is the oil that appears to be getting blown across the engine. It's obviously escaping from somewhere but no obvious leaks. Is this normal? I certainly had no similar occurences with my Triumph so I'm guessing not. It's not large quantities, just maybe seeping out somewhere and getting blown back across the engine at speed. Any thoughts on this? It's not causing a problem other than I'm going to have to give it a good clean when I get home :lol:

On a slightly more positive note, I've got passed the 5500rpm rev limit in the running in process and was pleasantly surprised at the performance :D I love it!!
franky

Post by franky »

if its oil i'd get it looked at, esp on a new bike, i've not had any from mine yet.......but there is time!!!!

Thats why i brought new incase of such things, get them to sort it out!

:roll:
yaaan

Post by yaaan »

That's pretty much what I thought. It's not a huge amount but it's enough to make wonder .... and it stops my bike looking all shiny and new :lol:

I'll get onto 3X when I get back home and hopefully they'll have a look and give it the thumbs up or not. I bought new too so there shouldn't be any problems getting it sorted.

How are you finding the new bike? I'm loving mine! Very pleased with my decision to buy it :D
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

It should not be leaking oil - that was on old Brit bikes... (especially Velos, which had an oil leak built in :wink: )

Get it fixed - early Corsaros had excess pressure build up in the crank which caused problems, but the reason is known and dealt with from 2006 onwards...

In the main - just ride it!!!

CC
"I'll use the Morini"