with Guzzidiag that works with “ .bin “ files ? cheers Andre
eddydog

Re: ECU mapping - “ .hex “ to “ .bin” files

Post by eddydog »

I want to know same. Any body knows? Thanks
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

OzCorsaro wrote:Does anyone know how ECU mapping files in “.hex “( tuneECU) format can be used
with Guzzidiag that works with “ .bin “ files ? cheers Andre
You may be able to convert them with this:
http://www.keil.com/download/docs/7.asp
eddydog

Post by eddydog »

Very interesting, but my knowledge is very low for this. I can't to work with DOS
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

eddydog wrote:Very interesting, but my knowledge is very low for this. I can't to work with DOS
If on Windows 64bit you can use DOSbox emulator to run the 32bit HEX2BIN program. (I've tried it and it works).

http://www.dosbox.com/download.php?main=1

If Linux or OSx google for .hex to .bin convertor. You may need to do quite a bit of work to get one running on your device though.
http://www.keil.com/support/docs/4038.htm
OzCorsaro

Post by OzCorsaro »

thx all...
yes , i am on OS X - Mac ...will give it try..
just would be nice to use some of the extra custom
maps out there for our Corsaros... though ,i am pretty
happy with the maps i got and shes running great!
eddydog

Post by eddydog »

Hey. I have already tried this DosBox program. But nothing happens. I do not know how to continue working in it.(use DOSbox emulator to run the 32bit HEX2BIN program) For me it is very nonunderstandable. :)) Hand command bar. What should be typed in it? I tried to use a friend program. Like WinHex, PonyProg, UltraEDit.But does it give such a mistake. (Conversion is impostable. An invalid character you found at offset 0.) The same is obtained on other firmware. Maybe one of you can reformat that HEX files to Binary and put its for everyones. I have a spare ECU , but on its ECU all time lights yellow check lamp. On guzzi prog not show any faults. I want to write other map and try to use on bike, i going to try different maps and to chose one what will be better for my bike. I took maps from here. (http://tuneecu.com/Morini_Tune_list.html) My bike is veloce. I want to try all maps for Veloce. If you help me, will be very very good. I have some problem on bike, not working stepper motor, in two -three days i will get a spare working stepper motor and try it.In my city riding will end very soon and i want to solve my problem on open air. I keep my bike in my flat and not possible use engine. :) Thanks
Last edited by eddydog on 26 Sep 2018 01:34, edited 1 time in total.
eddydog

Post by eddydog »

And may be anyone know how to disassemble a stepper motor? How to remowe sensor from motor body? Thanks
Attachments
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg (228.08 KiB) Viewed 12258 times
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

eddydog wrote:Hey. I have already tried this DosBox program. But nothing happens. I do not know how to continue working in it.(use DOSbox emulator to run the 32bit HEX2BIN program) For me it is very nonunderstandable. :)) Hand command bar. What should be typed in it?
Ah, being a dinosaur from the days of the first PCs I'm used to command line programs.

If DOSbox is running OK you first have to mount a 'virtual' drive to work with. This should be a folder that you have created for the job already containing the HEX2BIN.EXE and the .hex file to be converted.

So if you have a folder called Morini on the PD's drive C: to make a suitable drive, choose an unused drive letter for safety. For example:

mount K C:\Morini\

change to that drive with K:

Then run HEX2BIN with parameters to convert the .hex file (say ecu.hex).

HEX2BIN ecu.hex ecu.bin

That should create the file ecu.bin. Displaying several messages starting with 'Status: Creating binary file' ending with 'Status: HEX to BIN conversion was successful'.

Close DOSBox and if it worked the file ecu.bin will be in C:\Morini

The files may have been modified by the creators to prevent just what you are attempting though.

I had a quick look at tuneecu site. Note the Morini maps are only for ANDROID. I experimented with a downloaded map. Viewed in a Hex editor it was 240 bytes but HEX2BIN just created an empty .bin file, so some kind of weird offset or other protection may have been used. So can't help - sorry.

Perhaps register and ask (in Italian!) on
https://www.corsacorta.it/viewtopic.php ... 6%23p27696
eddydog

Post by eddydog »

Thank you. If I understand you correctly, these all the maps on the site designed to work on Android? And that's why I can not convert from a stream to a binary file? Then I do not understand anything at all. But I have an android tablet. Okay. I will try
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

eddydog wrote:Thank you. If I understand you correctly, these all the maps on the site designed to work on Android? And that's why I can not convert from a stream to a binary file? Then I do not understand anything at all. But I have an android tablet. Okay. I will try
I'm still not sure exactly why file conversion returns an empty .bin file.

I think the .hex files are only meant as data to use with the Android version of Tunecu, which should be downloaded to an Android device from Google Play Store. I have no idea what cables and connectors you need to use it if Bluetooth communication isn't possible.
eddydog

Post by eddydog »

Hex files for prog TuneEcu.
I tried the program TuneEcu yesterday. Nothing with my cables for prog MotoGuzzi. On android need a bluetooth block additionally, on Windos all the same you need other cables. We will buy. Winter is long. We will understand and learn.