Excess FreePlay in rear wheel cush drive?/

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
nfitz

Excess FreePlay in rear wheel cush drive?/

Post by nfitz »

Hi - has anyone else out in CORSARO land considered that they have too much freeplay in the cush drive?
I checked mine earlier today to find after 2,500miles I have 10-15mm of rotation between the wheel and the sprocket through freeplay in the cush drive.

Is this right / normal ... should I be getting it changed under warranty?/

Cheers Nigel
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

That should be ok - have similar on mine after 10,000 miles so it shouldn't change too much!

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
carpe diem

Post by carpe diem »

It's may be tolerated but it 's giving bad feeling to respons on low speed /trottle almost closed ; I minimised gap with soft layer of rubber: on/off sensation at low speed (city driving) vanished almost completely.
nfitz

Post by nfitz »

I 100% agree - with the "lumpy" fueling below 4,000rpm and the on/off nature of the throttle v's endine brakeing effect of the V-twin the bike is difficult to ride smoothly in & around town without smoothing things out on the clutch!

The cush drive should ne tight to minimise these effects and not have free play before compressing the rubber.

I would be greatful if you could explain in more detail how you have packed out your drive any photos would be much approciated.

has anyone got the cush drive exchanged under warranty?

Cheers Nigel