Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
MickeyMoto

Something for the weekend, Gary D?

Post by MickeyMoto »

Gary D

Re: Something for the weekend, Gary D?

Post by Gary D »

Hi Mike

I'm restricted to the garage for now my friend...as I still await the good ol' DVLA's registration attentions. The NOVA's sorted, so I'm advised I've maybe got to wait a further 2 weeks to get a number plate on her :( ? Should be snowing by then of course! I go visit her late at night of course, and think bad thoughts....!

Soon!!!!

Cheers

Gary
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

She'll say yes soon! Or should that be Yes Yes Yes?
Gary D

Re: Something for the weekend, Gary D? Yes indeed!

Post by Gary D »

Well...amongst the salt & sunshine of Warwickshire today was finally a very happy ZZ rider! Crud on the roads & brand new tyres meant cornering was somewhat restricted, but the bike went a treat.

After bringing it home, I gave it a wash & a tweak or two on the controls. The gearchange pivot actually has 3 settings & provide a stiffer shorter throw change at one extreme & a long throw, lighter change at the other. I moved this to the middle setting as I like minimal slack in my controls. We'll see if that (along with angling the lever downward via the usual screwed rod), makes things a little slicker through the box? The only thing I'm not fond of is the long travel rear brake & the lack of bite once activated? Something isn't right, but I need to try it without the ABS first, to see if that improves matters. If it doesn't it'll be closer look at adjustment, caliper action, pad surface & bleeding. I expect there's a good brake in there somewhere. The front M50's are just "wow"! The suspension feels really well controlled & much firmer than my beloved '06, (but not stiffer as such, just better controlled).

I'm two up with Jo tomorrow. That'll give me more insights as to suspension settings. My guess is that no change will be required, but not being able to corner hard will mean that's inconclusive for now. I'm a big user of the rear brake two up, so that will be interesting. I won't be breaking any lap records though!

Cheers all & safe riding!

Gary
Gary D

Post by Gary D »

Well, the ZZ felt great two up without adjusting anything except the rear tyre pressure. I suspect on a warmer day the rebound damping on the rear may need some attention, but time and better traction will tell better on that count? The rear brake has a neat adjuster at it's base. Two domehead & two allen screws later & the footrest assy was off & the pedal travel adjusted. It's now able to fully activate for a reasonable lever travel. Though it's not been road tested, I suspect it'll be much improved Here's to the next chance to get out there...come on global warming!