insurance (who to try)

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
twisty

insurance (who to try)

Post by twisty »

took the plunge for a cosaro but having problems with insurance.
The big companies lke devitt, norwich union etc don't list the bike and other brokers seem to be the same.
Any pointers in the right direction appreciated.
Emmohaswheelsagain

Insurance

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

Insurers do vary so you should find a policy for you some where. I've gone with Bennetts which without any no claims still came out at just over £200.00 full comp. I do though have some things in my favour, age, a bike license of over 31 years and a postal address in Lincolnshire. I did have to take on the first £500.00 of any claim and I opted for the 9 1/2 instead of the Corsaro. Best of luck.

ps Are you keeping the bike in a locked garage? Does make a difference.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Norwich Union have insured my Corsaro for the last year under a multi bike policy and so they should be familiar with the make. Its class 17 so pretty expensive (+ £250 with three bikes) if fully comp.

Carole Nash also list the Corsaro - some brokes have two seperate Morini - the old bikes might be "Morini", new bikes Moto Morini, or vice versa. If you go on line with the usual suspects you should get some ideas as to cost - but you'll get hassle phone calls...

Good luck!

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
twisty

Post by twisty »

thanks, I'll try again by sending emails to the companies to see if they list the bike before i do all the form fillling.
The only company who quoted were bennetts who must have thought i was seventeen and on speed! as the quote was ridiculous.
franky

Post by franky »

I use ebike insurance www.ebikeinsurance.co.uk very good prices.
yaaan

Post by yaaan »

I have my insurance through Devitts. I wasn't able to get a quote online though, as like you say, they don't have Moto Morini as one of their listed manufacturers. In the end after much searching I ended up phoning them and arranging it over the phone. Very helpful although they did struggle at first with Morini. Quite reasonable as well, only about £70 more than my old Speed 4 if I remember correctly:D
twisty

Post by twisty »

thanks to all finally got insurance arranged but from some of the quotes you'd think i had just arrived off the boat to join this sinking tax ridden country we call home. Maybe it would have been cheaper if i stayed in bongo bongo land.
nfitz

Post by nfitz »

Hi - I was with eBike on my Moto Guzzie V11 Sport at £200 fully comp and 2yrs no clims but when I changed to a Corsaro they wanted 1,500!!!!!

So I changed to Carol Nash (loosing 9months of my eBike no clims yr) who initialy wanted £400 but I said no thanks as Bennets etc were offering under £250 (lie) and they matched the £250 fully comp with a £200 excess and 8K insured value.

How this helps ....

Cheers Nigel
twisty

Post by twisty »

I think your right as i noticed half of the questions were nothing to do with bike insurance but whether you are a car driver (so that they can sell you more insurance at renewal). Some of the more silly quotes were about a grand
There seemed to be about a fifty pound difference between what the broker quotes and then going direct yourself.
Never mind I've got my insurance now i'll just look forward to enjoying the bike. I'm now bombarded with junk emails and texts saying contact us for a better offer.