Reccomended tyres for the CORSARO

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
nfitz

Reccomended tyres for the CORSARO

Post by nfitz »

HI - has anyone looked into / can reccmend replacement tyres on the Corsaro.

The OE Pirelli Diabolo tyres seem Ok and it looks like I'll get 4-5,000 miles out of them but i'm not 100% impressed by the time to warm up and the ultimate grip levels.

I'm swaying towards trying the Pirelli Diabolo Corsa3 as these are aimed at fast road and occasional track day which suits my use of the Corsaro.
Anyone out there tried anything different??

Cheers Nigel
franky

Post by franky »

on my last few sports bikes i've used Pilot powers....... great grip and last well too!

Are you going to the track day?
Curtis

Post by Curtis »

I went from diablos to Corsa 3's on my Tuono, I found the diablos a much better all year round tyre.

The Corsa 3's produced some really scary moments in the winter damp conditions, they just don't warm up enough to work properly.

Great in the warm summer though - just took a while to get confidence back in them.

Still - if its summer use and u rag the bike then the corsas should work well.

I'm happy to stick with the diablos, great tyre and much much better than the usual dunlop oem rubbish thats usually fitted to new bikes.
nfitz

Post by nfitz »

thanks Curtis - I am OK with the OE diablo tyres and so far have not had any odd moments but thought move to the Diablo Corsa 3 .. but if you say they struggle to get up to temp then this might not be the best idea as mot of our UK riding is in the damp.
nfitz

Post by nfitz »

As an update on my tyre quandries ... I've changed fomr the OE Pirreli Diablo's to a set of Metzeler Rennsport's to see if I can get a bit more side grip.

Went out this afternoon for 100miles to scrub them in and they seem great in the dry, Ok in the damp and hairy in the wet.

looks like ill be a dry weather rider for a bit untill these wear down!

Cheers Nigel