2008 black Veloce for sale

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
madmaxjsy

2008 black Veloce for sale

Post by madmaxjsy »

yup you read it right, got it last month the new 2008 Veloce (black) with the upgrades an all, found the clutch way to heavy for me, i have Arthur askey in my hands, whole body really, but i find it too heavy for me to enjoy. :cry:
so it's up for sale, done about 230 mile.
what's it worth? dunno you tell me :!:
franky

Post by franky »

5 weeks ago i'd have snapped your hand off! You'll have to pay vat to get it in the uk too remember, or the buyer will! would 3x not buy it back off you? could you try another ratio master cylinder, it might help?
nfitz

Post by nfitz »

Have you had the clutch fluid changed and re-bled?

I found that mine had turned almost black and had air in it and after swapping the fluid and re-bleeding the clutch was much lighter.

cheers Nfitz
Guvo

Clutch problem

Post by Guvo »

I have ridden a 2007 demo veloce an found the clutch pressure jap like in it,s ease of use, my old Vmax with twin clutch spring plates in it is at leased 4 times as heavy.There must be a obvious problem the the master cylinder or slave and or main clutch mechanism of your machine.Get it fixed.Haven,t you still got some warranty left on it.We in Australia get three years of warranty?
madmaxjsy

clutch is so heavy it's got to go

Post by madmaxjsy »

thanks for the replies guys

franky m8 i didn't get it from England, i live in jersey c.i.
so x3 can't buy it back.
as for trying another ratio master cylinder, it might help, but you'd think the main manufactures would have done that already if it was that easy.

nfitz it's a brand new 2008 model m8, only a month old.
i don't think it's the fluid.
thanks for the thought

Guvo your right of cause, when i went on a test ride, it was with a 2007 model, and i never found the clutch this heavy.
and they changed the set up on the 2008 to improve it. lol

as for the warranty, yes it's still under warranty, IT'S A MONTH OLD FFS
roflmao

as for there might be a problem with it in general, well i thought that too, so i went back to the shop and tried another 2008 one, it was the same.
they did say that we could play around with the cylinders and wot not, but i don't wanna go down that road.
they also said to move the clutch lever down the handle bar a bit, as the extra leverage would help, ain't tried that, and im sure it would help a bit.
but can't see it sorting it satisfactorily though.
so

yes the new owner would have to pay VAT if it was bought by someone in Briton.

think i might just trade it in part ex for some thing else if no one wants to buy it.

it's a real shame this bikes clutch is so heavy, what a fab bike other wise though eh.
nfitz

Post by nfitz »

HI - my bike is also a 2008 model and I found the cluch heavy also from day 1.

Previously I had a Moto Guzzie V11 rosso Corsa and this was lighter. However, after 1,00 miles I changes the fluid and re-bled the cluch and it was significantly lighter.

Get the dealer to swap the fluid and re-bleed it - might be worth it?

Cheers Nigel
madmaxjsy

Post by madmaxjsy »

nfitz wrote:HI - my bike is also a 2008 model and I found the cluch heavy also from day 1.

Previously I had a Moto Guzzie V11 rosso Corsa and this was lighter. However, after 1,00 miles I changes the fluid and re-bled the cluch and it was significantly lighter.

Get the dealer to swap the fluid and re-bleed it - might be worth it?

Cheers Nigel

ah thank you Nigel 8)

i will ask them to do it with ref to what yours was like too.
here's hoping.
tony
Guvo

2008 Veloce heavy clutch

Post by Guvo »

My apologies Guy,s you are right.I took delivery of my 2008 Veloce yesterday 21/07/08 and the clutch is nearly as heavy as the old V-Max as I road it home.All I can say no body should mess with a 2008 Veloce owner on a night out,cause if we grab them with our left hand to the throat or gonads it will be all over red rover.
V-Fun

Post by V-Fun »

Guvo,
I never had a problem with the heavy clutch - But then I am left-handed,
which might help.

Certainly agree that the clutch is heavier than on most other modern bikes I have ridden.

Do some sustained high speed riding and you get the full work -out!

One magazine recently returned a 'Veloce' to 3X showing 167mph on the computer...
Either this was achieved on the 'rolling road' or he is one tough individual.

Regards
Stephen R