seat height

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
trix

seat height

Post by trix »

just wondered what model would be best for me i am only 5'4" would like the Corsaro but have been told the seats are very high im confident on bikes having riden for years but do like to be able to touch the floor as its a pain riding round looking for a kerb so i can stop.
I will get to a dealer at some point when time allows but if they are really high it may be a wasted trip. :roll:
nfitz

Post by nfitz »

Hi - I cant comment on the other Morini models ... I am 5'8" with a 30" inside leg, and on my Corsaro i am up on tip-toes with both feet on the floor so I resort to planning which side to touch down on!

If you can work on this style of riding then the seat height is largely irrelivant.

Cheers nigel
Emmohaswheelsagain

Seat Height

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

I'm a similar height to Nigel and my 9 1/2 is no problem. You have the added advantage of a lighter clutch and the softer engine. I haven't sat on one of the new sports which is based on the 9 1/2 but this would be worth a try if you are any where near North Leicester motors or 3X. For me the 9 1/2 has plenty of grunt but then it depends what you are after.
trix

Post by trix »

thanks for the replies, the other thing i have noticed is that the dealers web sites hardly have any info about the bikes and dont seem to advertise them very well just wondered why this is ????
I went through all of them and only two have any real details one of those is the importer.
Emmohaswheelsagain

Seat height

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

If you want some information on models, specification try Stuart at North Leicester Motors. Send him an email with your questions and he will endeavour to give you some sound advice. Whilst I evenually purchased my 9 1/2 else where Stuarts advice was most helpful. As a consequence I will be taking the bike to NLM for servicing, parts and hopefully a 08 CPU to improve my 06 bike.
V-Fun

Post by V-Fun »

Hi Trix,
I'm a late-comer to this thread but can say with certainty that, at your height you would struggle with the seat height on the Corsaro,Avio and Veloce.

However the 9 1/2 models do have a lower seat height and that seat is of a softer compound, which would also help.

The 9 1/2 and 'Sport' are great bikes and IMHO no poor relation to the Corsaro range.

I agree with what the others have said and go along to a dealer, to
try the bikes.
Factors like seat coverings, foot pegs and handlebars all have a bearing in reality as to how a bike 'fits'.

Brochures are all very well, but if you are spending this kind of money on a bike then a few hours at a dealers is time well spent.

Good luck and hope this helps.

Regards
Stephen R
trix

Post by trix »

Having read the road test in fast bike this month i have got to try the veloce sounds like its the pepparami of bikes :twisted: :twisted: now where did i put those stilts.
V-Fun

Post by V-Fun »

Trix,'
Good on you.

Hope you enjoy the 'Veloce' and have no doubt you will have a great test ride.

If the seat height is too high? Heck: at least you tried.

Look forward to hearing the outcome.

All the best.
Stephen R