soft rear suspension

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
twisty

soft rear suspension

Post by twisty »

Is the standard rear shock (2006 model) always soft and squishy like as if its off a tourer. :?: Nice compliant ride but limits you when you want to hustle.
Love the bike,just curious if there all like this apart from the newer models.
nfitz

Post by nfitz »

Twisty

The standard Sachs unit is set-up from the factory for a 75kg Italian! If you set the "sag" on the rear to suit your weight (im 95kg) you will notice a big difference.

I'll be honest - I didnt set my own suspension up .... I took it to an ex-racer and left him th ebike for 2 weeks to play with in exchange for setting the suspension up! So I cant tell you the settings but suffice to say that it is transformed.

I think he basicaly increased the pre-load front and back, increased thbe compression dampening at the rear ...

Take it into a shop and get it dialed in to suit you ...
twisty

Post by twisty »

cheers,I'll try that.
Wasn't quite sure as i'm used to rock hard suspension . It was a bit like riding a wolf in sheeps clothing, pottering along then all hell brakes loose when overtaking and meanwhile the back suspension is doing the old see saw trick. Don't get me wrong the handling was fine it's just that i expected it to be like a pogo stick and was a bit surprised.