1st service..... new engine needed!

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
franky

1st service..... new engine needed!

Post by franky »

took my bike in for its first service last week, there was a "squirt jet" on the sump, which caused the oil warning light to come on sitting in the oil filter, so NLM rang 3x, 3x rang italy....... so i've got to have a new engine :cry:

its most annoying as now i'll have to run the new motor in again, also my bike will have mis-matched numbers, engine/frame etc. :oops:

should I just ask for a new bike instead? or new engine and clocks with milage to match? NLM aren't sure if the engine made it out of italy before they closed for summer either.

Not a happy corsaro owner at the minute.
nfitz

Post by nfitz »

Franky - Please can you explain in a bit more detail whats wrong ... im not too clued up on the what a "squirt jet" is and why this would require a new engine?

I will be in Nernberg next week and droping in the see Alex at Maniac Motors who look after 50+ Corsaro's so if you can explain the problem in laymans terms i could get you a 2nd opinion and some feedback if its a known problem.

I've got my PowerComander111 for the USA and will fit it this weekend and have a dyno booked to get it custom mapped. Probably leave it all standard CORSARO for a bit.

Still waiting for a new cush-drive under warranty ... having to use bike inner tube to pack it out in the meantime!

Off to Donnington for WSB on the 6th and have a trackday booked for the Monday ... so I hope to see how it goes as compared to Cadwell.

Cheers Nigel.
franky

Post by franky »

Its an overflow oil jet that is screwed into the casing in the oil gallery, well so i've been told. Going to make some phone calls today to try and find out whats going on.

Let us know how you get on with the PCR. Also if manic motors have any tasty bits in, or anything new.

Enjoy donnington :D
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

Hi franky,

really sorry to hear that but on the plus side at least they aren't mucking about offering to rebuild your engine or anything like that. I wouldn't wory about the mismatched numbers and mileage as it will all be documented, and at least you've got some 'free' miles on your engine.

Let us know how you get on...
franky

Post by franky »

well new engine arrived yesterday, hoping to get the bike back at the end of next week. got the hassle of running it in again!!

half wish I didn't get a morini at the min. also the chain is rusting even though it's properly lubed :( I've mentioned it to NLM and i'm hoping I'll get a new chain too!