Dyno results with and without cat?

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
Curtis

Dyno results with and without cat?

Post by Curtis »

I am getting a PC3 in the next couple of weeks to fit with termi's and race ecu (mainly for smooth running reasons (and hopefully tank range) than performance gains).

After fitting I will probably get it custom mapped (unless by that time some kind person has uploaded their own map with a similar set-up ;) ).

For those few people who have done the same and also gone for the de-cat pipes, what effect did the decat have on its own? I would expect a few more hp but was the shape of the dyno curve changed?

Just considering if its worthwhile before potentailly splashing out on a custom map.

Thanks.
nfitz

Post by nfitz »

Curtis -

I have been advised by Maniac Motors who apear to regulary "upgrade" CORSARO's that the std map with the PC111 is too far off and a custom map should always be made.

The explanation being that every bike leaving Morini will be different enough to warant setting up each cylinder correctly to suit the exhaust system... hence a custom map.

I have phoned around most want 1hr to fit the PC111 (i will do this myself!) and 3 hours to map the bike at £40p/h.

I will be at Maniac Motors on Monday and will try and find out what the CAT free exhausts give.

I have a std CORSARO and i understand the difference to a VELOCE is the Termi exhaust and race ECO which gives 10-20bhp. So I am going to 1st optimise the fueling on a std set-up which I hope will give 3-5bhp for £110 + 120 dyno run. Then look next year at a CAT free downpipe (if it liberates more than 5-8bhp as it costs £350) and then end cans if they also give 8-10bhp as they cost from £500-800).