Donnington Track Day crash - How to get MM badges?

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
nfitz

Donnington Track Day crash - How to get MM badges?

Post by nfitz »

Just got back from watching WSB and had a track day on the Monday in the dry. But lost it at the double apex right entering the straight down to the Dunlop bridge on the 1st session of the day! Thankfully the bike and I went into the gravel trap on 2 wheels and then over onto its rhd side.

Damage is confined to a severe "bead blasting" from hte gravel on the RHD side of all pannels and the clutch cover on the engine.

So a re-paint over the winter is required ... BIG probelm is that the MM logo's apear to be "in the paint". Any advise out there for the best way to get hold of a set of MM transfers to allow me to re-paint the bike?

Footnote: Once I had checked the bike over and re set bars and levers etc.. and got my confidence back the CORSARO was capable of keeping up with the Jap 1000's it was just limited by its rider.

Nigel.
franky

Post by franky »

sorry to hear that dude, you ok? just a bit of paint work needed then? how is the de-cat? have you rang 3x?
tecmoto

Post by tecmoto »

you have a pm
franky

Post by franky »

also I would like the one on the headlight fairing part, ive rang 3x who say they can only get them in a whole sheet, so if you have to do that i'll buy part of it off you! unless you can get them somewhere else?
twisty

Post by twisty »

out of interest how much was it for the full sheet.
franky

Post by franky »

£19, but there can only be 3 stickers?
nfitz

Post by nfitz »

I have orderd a set of MM transfers - dependant on how much the paint needs "cutting" back I may be able to salvage the transfers and so not need all the 3 ( 2 tank & 1 fly screen) transfers.

I plan to buy fom ManaicMotors a pasenger seat cover and get this painted gloss black ( to go with the black/silver scheme) at the same time and use up one of the spare (if there are any) transfers on this.

So if I have any left over and anyone wants to buy them off me watch this post in 3-4weeks time....