Indicator lenses

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
Emmohaswheelsagain

Indicator lenses

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

Has any body had probems with indicator lenses dropping off. I've lost a rear lense although whether this has occured parked or whilst on the road i'm nor sure. The lense seems to push on and has no visible fixings. The next question is whether they can be obtained through your local dealer or do you have to replace the whole unit.
Whilst I have a 9 1/2 I assume that indicators are common across all models.
Curtis

Post by Curtis »

I snapped a front one off the other day, just brushing past the bike in the garage.

They seem very brittle cheap plastic. I found the small retention bit and glued it back on, been ok since.

Its tempting to pull them all off and add some superglue to make a semi-permanent fit. Just a pain when the bulb goes.
Emmohaswheelsagain

Things that drop off in transit

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

Thanks for the confirmation. Your description was spot on. Its a pity that Morini do not pay enough attention to the detail. I have found the lense although it was a little battered after spending 24 hrs on the road side. I have ordered a replacement (don't know the cost at this stage) from LNM. If I get any further trouble I may replace the standard indicators and look for some thing more in keeping with an 8K motorcycle. Don't get me wrong the bike is great but at this stage Morini still have some improvements to make. This is so like the 70s again when my early strada had tin switches which hated rain and fell apart when used on a daily basis. Some things never change.
nfitz

Post by nfitz »

The indicators were the 1st thing i replaced on mine for some aftermarket LED's .... cheapest parts on an otherwise excellent bike.