Poor Fuel consumption / running rich.....maybe?

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
Splodge

Poor Fuel consumption / running rich.....maybe?

Post by Splodge »

My fuel consumption is between 29 and 35 mpg - no complaints as it's such good fun! However my exhuausts are always a sooty so I'm wondering if it's normal. It's an 06 bike with all the 08 updates done by 3X and runs really well, not rough, does not stall/cutout and starts immediately so I'm reluctant to have it fiddled with, but I'm wondering what everybody else's fuel consumtion is like.
twisty

Post by twisty »

on a long run i'm getting a regular 50mpg sitting at about 80. Lower if you start using the power.
franky

Post by franky »

at the minute i'm getting 105miles till the fuel light comes on so thats about 32mpg but its a new engine so should go up to about 115 till the light comes on, or about 35mpg
nfitz

Post by nfitz »

Good news is that the fuel consumption seems to improve .. unless ridden vhard I see regularly 120-125 till the fuel warning light comes on and in theory there is another 2 litres till empty (not tested that bit to the full yet)
Guvo

Fuel Consuption

Post by Guvo »

I tend to agree. The fuel consumption does improve I own a 2008 black veloce, before the first service until the engine carbons up.I was getting 12 to 13 liters per 100 kilometers.Then at around 1000KM all of a sudden the consumption went down to on average 7.5 liters per 100 kilometers.This is a significant improvement.With the ECU constantly adjusting it,s self .The introduction of Red Line Water Wetter in to the cooling system has caused the engine to run 6 degrees cooler thus the engine,s ECU has adjusted it,s ignition advance to maintain it,s standard operating temperature,this has improved the engines performance a noticeable smidgen.Believe it or not.