Breaking in new Corsaro 1200

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
Scoofy

Breaking in new Corsaro 1200

Post by Scoofy »

Hi Everyone, I am soon to be the proud owner of a new 2008 Black/White Corsaro 1200. I have been waiting for my bike for 5 months and it is due to finally arrive in about 3 weeks (by the way I am from New Zealand). In preparation for this, I am really keen to know what you fellow Corsaro owners have chosen to do for breaking in your new bike. From what I can gather there are two main approaches - soft break in or hard break in (eg motorman approach as found on the net). Would really appreciate your experiences and recommendations on how I should go about this.
Cheers
Darren
nfitz

Post by nfitz »

I did and would advise riding it in accordance with the MM owners manual and just check the bike over after each ride with a fine tooth colmb for ay bolts working loose, fluid leaks and electrical gremlins and get them fixed at the 1st service interval.
the MM handbook states a rev limit to a certain no Km - even in the lower limit on a bike with this much torque its entertaining.
franky

Post by franky »

the gearbox will be stiff to but it starts to free up after a few hundred miles :)

enjoy!!
Guvo

Post by Guvo »

Do as per manufactures specifications.1500K first service imperative as soon as you can after the spanner logo appears on your dash read out.Try to use the 10w 60 Agip oil as specified, if this is hard to come by as in Aus 10w 50 Motul or the like is acceptable.The viscosity is of 10w is the more important prerequisite.Any oil under 50 I would change more frequently.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Its not just the gearbox that's stiff - you'll find that the fork and dampers soften up after a few 100 km...

Definately best to follow the manual until the first service, that way you get too keep your licence a little longer too :lol:

Good riding - and enjoy!

CC
"I'll use the Morini"