Corrosion

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
yaaan

Corrosion

Post by yaaan »

On the engine casing on the right hand side of my Avio, where 'Moto Morini' is machined into the cover, the letters are starting to tarnish and the paint is beginning to bubble up around the letters. Nothing major yet but corrosion on a 4month old bike is a bit early isn't it? The bike is garaged and has only been rained on once (although for a whole weekend) so it seems reasonable to expect it to take a little longer for it to start corroding on me. Given that in 4 years of ownership my Triumph never started to rust at all and it lived outside all year under a cover, would I be unreasonable in expecting this to be corrected under warranty?

Cheers
Ian
franky

Post by franky »

Get in touch they will sort it.... :wink:
VeloceSteve

Post by VeloceSteve »

Hi Yaan,

As Franky said above. I always use 645 spray or a silicon based spray on the engines as that then acts as a barrier. I does sound very soon for that to happen none of our demo bikes got like that and they were used and kept outside every day.

Regards

Steve
The surprise of the test is that we all came off the Veloce with grins bigger than Jorge Lorenzo's gonads! (fast bikes 08)