Corsaro Blowing Smoke under acceleration

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
Scoofy

Corsaro Blowing Smoke under acceleration

Post by Scoofy »

Hi, I went for a ride with a friend today who owns a Dec 06 Corsaro 1200. His bike is second hand, and has done approx 11,000km. The bike is running the optional race ECU and termignoni race pipes (baffles in). Watcing his bike from behind while travelling on the open road, the bike blows smoke when put under hard acceleration.

Can anyone advise if this is normal, or if you have had any similar experiences. My initial thoughts are blowing smoke is never a good sign. It means that oil is finding its way into the combustion chamber, and that is not supposed to happen.

One other point to note is that the bike does appear to have an excessive oil level, ie it covers the entire circle window, rather than being half way up. Could this be a contributing factor?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Darren
Cheers
Darren
kCo

Post by kCo »

Hi!
I Had same problem with my 07 Veloce, with this "race CPU".
Full throttle acceleration with small gear and the was a smoke cloud behind me. This race cpu work well after 6000rpm. but with small rpm it only consumes more fuel and smokes a lot.
V-Fun

Corsaro Blowing Smoke Under hard Acceleration

Post by V-Fun »

When I had the Termi's fitted to my Corsaro I was advised not to fit the race ECU for road use and to keep the DB killers installed.

It would seem logical that 'race' ECU would work best when using the bike hard and perhaps over-fuel, or run rich in normal road use?

So at face value this seems like a contradiction!

If the bike is running for some time at low revs (Through town etc.) and then 'opened-up' this might explain it.

I once owned an Aprilia RSV that did this and when I finally opened up the ECU box determined that it had a race chip installed.

I used the bike pretty hard -But was running a standard can.

It too smoked under initial bursts of hard acceleration and was an otherwise healthy bike.

As to the oil: check the handbook as it is easy to overfill some bikes if the oil level is checked on a cold engine.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Stephen R