starting problem

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
twisty

starting problem

Post by twisty »

Bike has been laid up for about 6 weeks, battery well charged,good tank of fuel but just doesn't want to fire up.

Tried the old wd40 on plugs etc.

When it eventually tries to catch she won't run unless i keep the throttle partly open. The minute i let her try to idle she just dies on me and then its a bugger to get her to start.

Bike ran fine last time i was out and as i'm miles fom the nearest dealer i was wondering if any one else has had similar issues.
just serviced about five months ago and a new ecu fitted.
franky

Post by franky »

I'd get it looked at, mine started after 6 weeks with a single prod of the starter, didn't rev it or anything though as it sounded like a bag of spanners till it warmed up a little. It cuts out if I go near the throttle!!!
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Twisty;

I had a similar problem on my Corsaro, which I lived with for months. The bike would only start and run if I opened the throttle very slightly after it fired. :?

I then took it back to the dealer and left it with them for a week, during which time they changed just about everything. In the end it was a faultly link between the Stepper Motor and the control panel (dash) which was working at the incorrect voltage. They then re-adjusted everything with the correct computer software. Two months later I had the upgrades, which included a new dash, the purpose of which included curing just this potential fault.

If your cure is to open the throttle slightly and hold it there until the bike warms up above 30 degrees, then you could have a similar problem - which should be fixed under warrenty. :)

Good luck!

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
twisty

Post by twisty »

re corsaro chris

Yep thats my problem exactly.

I've changed the plugs and the only way to get the bike to start is to adjust the freeplay on the twistgrip so that the revs are kept slightly up.
If i leave any slack in the throttle she just dies on me and I end up flooding the plugs.
Noticed that the screw that holds the front coil had vibrated loose, so I'll need to replace that. Do you need to put some silicone type grease on the pencil coils before re inserting them?

I thought it a bit strange that the adjustment mught be out at the cable end of the throttle where it enters the engine as the bike was running sweet before this happened.
I'm going to try it for the next week and see what happens as i'm dreading dragging the bike all the way to the dealer.

Thanks for the replies
Guvo

Post by Guvo »

I am also going through the same new bike teething problems.The Veloce has the caps out and acquires faults a little to often.The dealer is nice to put it on the Texa diagnostic at short notice to remove the errors,stepper included & download the latest updates in between the regular servicing when required.At the moment the TOD,speedo & gear position indicator are not working.The mechanic thinks it is water,wants me to remove the front headlight cowl to inspect all the connectors for all dash functions for cleanliness and or moisture.Being a naked bike, one would think it would have water resistant electrical connectors and not have some fuse carriers upside down. The injection fault light came back on whilst riding the bike back home from the mechanics.The most vexing problem is the stalling when the bike has errors, pulling up to a stop with the clutch in rolling off the throttle.One must persevere,thank goodness for the 3 year warranty.