Veloce or Avio – help required please?

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
Emmohaswheelsagain

Which Morini

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

Well Gary, how good is that. It seems as long as you buy a Morini you can't loose, everybody believes their model is best. What an endorsement for the brand. Its down to you to try each one and make your mind up. Enjoy, lets us know the outcome.
Zeus44

Same route to Corsaro Veloce

Post by Zeus44 »

Henrik, it's as though we have both been on the same journey:

KTM Superduke,
Ducati Monster S4R
Aprilia Tuono
BMW K1200R
Benelli TNT 899
Triumph Speed Triple

Add in the Ducati Monster 1100 and the (smaller than expected) MV Brutale and that was my route to the Corsaro Veloce!
Henrik

Post by Henrik »

Interesting Zeus. I did mentioned that my inital choice had actually been the Brutale 910S, so it was only the Monster 1100 missing, but this one was not out yet when I bought my Corsaro.

Out of the lot I tried, I had at first very high hopes for the Super Duke. I had read so much good about it, and on paper it sort of seemed to be the winner. It was very good, and I had a blast riding it, but it was the position on the bike which was not right. I wanted something with a more forward position, something like a Tuono or a Brutale, and the Super Duke was too much super motard style.

In the end, the Tuono was the strongest "competitor". In fact, a couple of year's back I rode the previous version of the Tuono and absolutely loved it. At the time I was myself riding a Ducati ST2 daily, and was thinking of changing for a roadster. The Tuono was perfect. I find now that the Corsaro somehow reminds me of that original Tuono, being a bit more "savage" than the current Tuono.