How many miles/kilometers has your Corsaro done?

Anything to do with the 1200 Corsaro series
Splodge

How many miles/kilometers has your Corsaro done?

Post by Splodge »

The bikes have been out for a few years now (4??) so I'm wondering what sort of distances have been covered.

Although mine has reached the 3 year mark when I got it last year it had only done 2,000 so as I've only added another 6,000 to it I'm guessing there must be alot of higher mileage ones out there.

So how many has your's done?
Also, without sounding all doom & gloom, what problems have you had?
unbelievable

Post by unbelievable »

OK, I'll start you off.

275 miles.

1 broken indicator bulb.

Although to be fair to Morini, I broke it.
Henrik

Post by Henrik »

I have about 13'000 km on mine now. Other than the "normal" factory updates that the bike has had, the only serious problem I had was the oil hose going to the oil radiator breaking.

I think I posted it on here before, but since the hoses to the oil radiator run against the engine, they began chaffing, until one finally burst. I was very lucky it happend just as I was arriving home as the oil was spraying on the rear wheel! I have had a temporary fix for now, moving the new hose away from the engine, but I am having some steel braided hoses made to replace them with.

Manolo

Post by Manolo »

in 3 years my Corsaro has traveled 15,000 km
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

13,500 miles - just done the MoT and I've submitted a short report to the clubs' magazine ATG...

I think I've summarised all the niggles in the article, and I'll see if I can load the document on here later...

It's a great bike to ride - that's the summary!

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
Waikikamucau

Post by Waikikamucau »

20,000kms in 18 months and going strong. Never had a problem with it and I love her!
Auriga

Re: How many miles/kilometers has your Corsaro done?

Post by Auriga »

hi guys!

34000km since March 2006. small problems like battery, changed under warranty, otherwise just tons of funs riding it.

best, A
carpe diem!
Sander

Post by Sander »

13000km since May 2009 on my Veloce. :D
The 2006 Corsaro had done 28000km at the time of the accident May 2008. :(
ronx

Post by ronx »

Hi Guys, I,m Ronx from Italy , happy owner of Morini Corsaro 1200 and Granpasso. Corsaro reached 42,000 km and Granpasso 24.000.
Really nice to see that there are so many morini motorbikes in UK!!!

Ciao
Ronx
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Hi Ronx, and welcome to the Forum.

You are a really lucky guy to have both the GranPasso and Corsaro! I sold my Corsaro so that I could get the GP - two very different bikes. When at the factory in October this year it was good to meet up with Gherardo from Morini, who also rides a GP! Riding what you sell - a good story.

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
Auriga

Post by Auriga »

ronx wrote:Hi Guys, I,m Ronx from Italy , happy owner of Morini Corsaro 1200 and Granpasso. Corsaro reached 42,000 km and Granpasso 24.000.
Really nice to see that there are so many morini motorbikes in UK!!!

Ciao
Ronx
Ciao Ronx welcome to this forum too!

A
carpe diem!
Guvo

Re:

Post by Guvo »

Henrik wrote:I have about 13'000 km on mine now. Other than the "normal" factory updates that the bike has had, the only serious problem I had was the oil hose going to the oil radiator breaking.

I think I posted it on here before, but since the hoses to the oil radiator run against the engine, they began chaffing, until one finally burst. I was very lucky it happend just as I was arriving home as the oil was spraying on the rear wheel! I have had a temporary fix for now, moving the new hose away from the engine, but I am having some steel braided hoses made to replace them with.

I am glad I re-visited this forum Henrick.I will check my hoses out.I had a get off 3 jan 2009 and had to wait 4 months for parts.I have done 8500 Kilometers.
Guvo

Post by Guvo »

The two oil hose clamps can be repositioned east-west instead of north-south,bringing one hose beneath the other away from the crank case.For this to be done the bottom hose needs to be angled down to shorten it's length.ImageImage Also guy's,be aware that on the radiator hose that goes on to the crank case there is no lip as on all other areas of the THE BIALBERO CORSACORTA TWIN CYLINDER engined motorcycle,this in some circumstances has caused the radiator hose to pop off with an instant loss of engine coolant upon pressure build up. Remedy,use a stronger scroll type hose clamp for this application.
Beveldrive

Post by Beveldrive »

Guvo wrote:Also guy's,be aware that on the radiator hose that goes on to the crank case there is no lip as on all other areas of the THE BIALBERO CORSACORTA TWIN CYLINDER engined motorcycle,this in some circumstances has caused the radiator hose to pop off with an instant loss of engine coolant upon pressure build up. Remedy,use a stronger scroll type hose clamp for this application.
Yeah...I know all about the problem with the radiator hose, mine's let go on me three times now, the first two times were pretty innocuous, once standing at a traffic light, the second time after arriving at work, I got off the bike, removed my helmet and then it let go. The third time I had been for a day long ride through my local mountain roads and was almost home when I came to a roundabout, tipped her in to the right and immediately the rear let go, luckily I counter steered and caught it in time and continued home only to get to the top of my driveway to smell a hot engine and see 110 displayed on the temp. guage, that's 10 more than the hottest she usually runs.
At this stage I had already replaced the standard crimped clamp with a grub screw type.
Since that failed I've fitted a heavy duty "exhaust" style clamp, so far it's held up but I'm still a little nervous at the thought of letting go at the wrong moment.
I'm still amazed that an engineer allowed this design fault to go into production when a first year bike mechanic would be able to see that something was glaringly wrong. Luckily it's the only major issue I've had with the bike so far. Apart from that the only other problem was having two rear reflectors sandblasted away and the numberplate holder breaking in half while riding. I'm a Sheet Metal Worker so I've made my own plate bracket with a protective backing for the reflector, it's a whole lot tidier than the stock item.
unbelievable

Post by unbelievable »

Beveldrive wrote:
Guvo wrote:Also guy's,be aware that on the radiator hose that goes on to the crank case there is no lip as on all other areas of the THE BIALBERO CORSACORTA TWIN CYLINDER engined motorcycle,this in some circumstances has caused the radiator hose to pop off with an instant loss of engine coolant upon pressure build up. Remedy,use a stronger scroll type hose clamp for this application.
Yeah...I know all about the problem with the radiator hose, mine's let go on me three times now, the first two times were pretty innocuous, once standing at a traffic light, the second time after arriving at work, I got off the bike, removed my helmet and then it let go. The third time I had been for a day long ride through my local mountain roads and was almost home when I came to a roundabout, tipped her in to the right and immediately the rear let go, luckily I counter steered and caught it in time and continued home only to get to the top of my driveway to smell a hot engine and see 110 displayed on the temp. guage, that's 10 more than the hottest she usually runs.
At this stage I had already replaced the standard crimped clamp with a grub screw type.
Since that failed I've fitted a heavy duty "exhaust" style clamp, so far it's held up but I'm still a little nervous at the thought of letting go at the wrong moment.
I'm still amazed that an engineer allowed this design fault to go into production when a first year bike mechanic would be able to see that something was glaringly wrong. Luckily it's the only major issue I've had with the bike so far. Apart from that the only other problem was having two rear reflectors sandblasted away and the numberplate holder breaking in half while riding. I'm a Sheet Metal Worker so I've made my own plate bracket with a protective backing for the reflector, it's a whole lot tidier than the stock item.
I've done about 4000 miles on my Veloce now and have had a few problems. The first was a head gasket, but more worryingly, I've had the radiator hose problem too. The first I knew about it was coming out of a corner and nearly highsiding as the coolant had dumped all down the side of the bike and onto the rear tyre. The bike went in and out to Three Cross Motorcycles four times and each time I got it back the same thing happened. They eventually narrowed it down to the radiator cap not allowing the expanding coolant up the hose and into the expansion reservoir. Had a new rad cap and it's been fine ever since. It really is worrying to know that it could pop off again though. In one of my many conversations at the roadside with the RAC the guy said he'd never seen a hose fit onto the engine without some sort of olive or flange to stop it from coming off so easily. I'd like to think that Morini could come up with a fix for this as it could be very nasty if the hose were to come off whilst banked over at speed. PS. I still absolutely love my bike though!