Gran Ferro

Anything to do with Morini Prototypes- Old, New and future!
Emmohaswheelsagain

Re: Morini Issues first details of Granferro

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

Chris,

As fine as the Granferro is when is the factory going to fill the gap in their product range. In a recession the price sensitive public are willing to spend around 6/7K but 13K is not going to attract the buyers Morini need. It was no surprise to learn from a Guzzi dealer last week that the V7 is selling well and that sales were 10% up in difficult market. When our No1 Morini dealer only has one new bike in stock (and thats a 08 model) Morini have a problem. The bikes will not sell unless Joe dealer feels that he can sell them. Triumph one of the few success stories around have strength in that lower end of the market and no shortage of new customers who evenually buy the Rocket and other high ticket bikes in their range. It may of course take a new owner at Morini to bring about change. Is there any news on that front, or is it worth asking Morini directly?
corsaro chris

Re: Morini Issues first details of Granferro

Post by corsaro chris »

Paul;

Morini were working on "engines of smaller displacement" way back in 2007 (it's refered to in their press release on Morini being 100% family owned). I am convinced that they will appear (there is a rather nice Supermono design sketch posted by David M on another thread) but smaller / budget bikes are unlikely to appear just yet!

They certainly have experience of smaller singles, and I guess that it would be possible to produce a city bike - just unlikely as it might pollute the brand! A sports performance single ( or smaller twin) weighing 160 kilos and doing 200 kph might be the answer - a Morini "Street Triple" answer?

Merry Christmas and lets' hope that the factory makes it through to our next visit in 2011 and beyond!

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
corsaro chris

Is this the next Morini?

Post by corsaro chris »

Picked up from the Italian web site related to the new Factory machines - worth a look?

http://www.corsacorta.it/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=125

If you browse their forum you'll see that there is some input from the Factory as well.. For instance, all the Rebellos made to date have been sold, but they aim to have a demonstrator soon.

Happy New Year to everyone!!!

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
Raphael

Re: Is this the next Morini?

Post by Raphael »

corsaro chris wrote:Picked up from the Italian web site related to the new Factory machines - worth a look?

http://www.corsacorta.it/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=125

If you browse their forum you'll see that there is some input from the Factory as well.. For instance, all the Rebellos made to date have been sold, but they aim to have a demonstrator soon.

Happy New Year to everyone!!!

CC
It's the Granferro!! It was a concept bike of the "old" Moto Morini...
I'm from corsacorta.it and I know that during this year will born the NEW Corsaro :twisted:
morini_tom

Gran Ferro

Post by morini_tom »

Moved the gran Ferro forum to prototypes as it sadly never went into production