MOT/life without warranty

Anything to do with the 1200 'strada' series
Emmohaswheelsagain

MOT/life without warranty

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

I don't know how many other owners are facing this prospect but my 9 1/2 is approaching its 3rd birthday, 22nd September to be exact. Like many this particular Morini has been lightly used (Less than 4K) so the MOT today was straight forward enough. I suppose I have some excuses as the bike is an ex demo and only had 800 miles on the clock when I bought it last year, add to that a 3 1/2 in the garage and you can see why the bike hasn't been used more. The question is will the new Morini's prove as durable as the old ones. I suppose that will be one of the questions we will be asking next month when some of us will get the opportunity to visit the factory. On experience so far the bike is well made and every bit a true Morini. I'm certainly expecting the 9 1/2 to remain in my garage for some time to come. :lol:

Safe Riding

Paul
hombre

Post by hombre »

Hi,

Same here, mine is 3 this month. And I have done over 15000 km's without serious troubles. Mine is also an ex-demo and I have it 1 1/2 years now.

I like it a lot, to say the least. Heaps of power, roadholding is ok (not as good as on a 3 1/2 though), and I can ride all day without back, wrist, or other bottom-endpains.
Also the upright position keeps me from putting my driving license at risk :oops:

I also reckon it's the prettiest one of the new generation Morini's.
I think I'll keep it for a long time...

btw on www.motorblaadje.nl I have article on the Moinimeeting last time in june. It's in Dutch, but you might like the pics or try to use (and have a few laughs) googletranslate or altavista's babelfish.
Emmohaswheelsagain

The 9 1/2 appreciation club

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

Hi,

Had a look at the pics I assume the black 9 1/2 is yours. The pic reminded me that I should try the luggage, tank bag and panniers look good and seem to compliment the bike. I have a small rack which doubles up as a grab handles for the passenger. I have also added a screen which takes some of the wind blast but no means all. I would like your view on tyres and whether handling/feel can be improved, particularly the front, with a different tyre choice. If you want to see my bike you can find a short article in Used Bike Guide under 'readers reviews'. Its posted on their web site www.usedbikeguide.co.uk
It would be good if we could arrange a Dutch/uk Morini meet for the future. I know some of you came over a few years back to attend our annual track day at Cadwell park. We will be running the event again next year although at this stage we do not have a date. I have been to Holland a couple of times, once many years ago when travelling down to the Morini factory on my 500 Strada and just as long ago when visting Assen. It would be good to visit again.

Safe Riding

Paul
hombre

Post by hombre »

Yep, the one on the first pic is mine. The pannier is pretty nice, it's actually an 'original' Guzzibag (also in the pics) with the Morinilogo sewed in on the outside. I believe there's one for the leftside now as well but smaller because of the exhaust. I have a tankbag from Louis.de (the one in the picture), which costs only 13 euro's and is bigger than the original item...

About tyres: I have Dunlops now and the way I ride it they are good, once in a while my toes hit the ground so at least they gave me that much confidence. Or my riding positon is somewhat weird... I might experiment some in the future with the frontsuspension since the feeling is not 100%

Next year the Dutch Moriniclub is around for 25 years so maybe there's a big meeting somewhere.